It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
What's it feel like when you have liver disease?

Can anyone tell me through personal experience, what it feels like to have liver disease?

I read online it can be a cause of both chronic fatigue syndrome & fibromyalgia, both of which I have extremely bad.

I don't know what's wrong, my CT's repeadedly show decreased attenuation in right lobe of liver, 1.2 cm hypodensity. I have to have a CT contrast this summer to have it evaluated by my gastroenterologist. I was told not to sit around and worry & I really haven't been but I'm curious about it. My urologist seemed worried over it but he didn't exactly explain why. I really don't know what this could mean.

My liver tests have never been too bad when they have been done, one showed an elevation in alkaline phos once, and I have had slighty low results before. My liver really has never been evaluated too often w/ blood work, once in awhile it is.

I had blue to green urine for about a week back in Jan I think and they thought it was due to my liver but the metabolic panel came back okay. The problem was obviously due to a medication I took but one of which is not known to have such a side effect but I looked it up and it has dye in the pills. So I can't help but think if my liver was perfectly okay, why I'd have such a reaction to that pill. It's just not normal! I tried to talk to this doctor about the Ct results and he totally blew me off. But my other doctors sure aren't blowing it off.

I started drinking bad at age 17, for a good 9 years, 2 of those years being skipped due to pregnancy. Mostly just beer, wine, vodka. Then I kinda just did it off and on. I never did drugs but I went through severe depression for awhile and overdosed on pills more times than I care to mention. And I've taken prescription pills for 8 1/2 years straight. And I still like to drink.

If there was something wrong with my liver, it wouldn't be hard for me to figure out why. And if there is, it would explain so much of what I've went through with my health.

Can you really rely on liver function tests or not? And is there a certain type of liver disease (like maybe fatty liver?) that might affect your cholesterol level. I've had cholesterol issues since I was in my early 20's.

Last edited by neveragain444; 04-18-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread