It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

madamfroglegs HB User
Unhappy What are bad liver scores?

My friend just asked me what bad liver scores are. I have no idea. Anybody?
She is a heavy drinker when she drinks so I'm afraid it might have something to do with that. She had a complete hysterectomy 8 years ago, and about 2 weeks ago she started to bleed vaginally. That stopped, but then she started to get a swelling in her abdomen in the general area of her appendix, with pain radiating up to just below her breast and around the side and across her lower back. She DID have issues with endometriosis while she still had all her "stuff", but as that is a hormonal thing, the doctors don't think that has anything to do with it. She had lots of different tests and must have gotten a few back that concern her. She asked me what are bad liver scores, and this is all I can do, I guess. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: What are bad liver scores?

sorry about your friend. if she actually has copies of her own test results(which she needs to keep obtaining if she has not yet done this) the way the lab sheet gets done is the name of the lab is way on the left along with 'her" numbers, and the "normal ranges' are wayyy to the right. anything that comes up either too high or too low will pop up right in the middle area between the name and what her lab is and the area where they list the norm ranges. you know what i mean? all the info should be all on that lab sheet itself. like i mentioned already, anytime yoy are in a situation where you are needing repeated labs, you should be getting copies of every single one, then you can use them to compare whether something is getting worse or better. but you are entitiled to any copies of any tests done on your own body, anytime you want them. hope things are okay. please keep me posted,marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
(female)

madamfroglegs HB User

Well, thanks for the explaination of how to read them. I will get over there and look at them or have her look. I probably have to just go over there, 'cause she's not real good with dealing with things. I will let ya know. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

no problem. let me know what you find out. just one thing to keep in mind here? you mentioned that shes not good at dealing with things? is this new or has she always been like this? it does matter since with certain liver problems, when it affects the portal vein, it is no longer clearing ammonia from the blood anymore or as well as it used to. the bad thing is that for some odd reason, the ammonia goes right to the brain cells and would create some level of impairment of normal mentation or cause kind of a brain cloudiness? you know her well enough i would think just to be able to tell her normal. see what you think. marcia

Closed Thread