It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

jasmineiredale HB User
Unhappy liver rupture/bleed or gastritis

hi the last few days i have been suffering symptoms of burning hungry feeling full feeling in stomach my doctors keep saying it is gastritis but does a liver bleed or rupture cause the same type of symptoms

Old 08-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User
Re: liver rupture/bleed or gastritis

I don't know anything about liver symptoms but I had the same as you described and was diagnosed with mild gastritis after a endoscopy. If your doctor puts you on meds like nexium and it doesn't help then I would look further into it. I took double doses (40mg) of nexium for 2 months, this is to heal the inflamation, and then dropped down to 20mg daily as maintenance. This worked for me and now I'm off them completely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
(female)

jasmineiredale HB User

hi thanks i wasnt aware how uncomfortable and painful gastritis is what did you do to ease that feeling in stomach? nothing seems to work they have started me 40mg of pariet my first dose today havnt noticed any improvement not even slight

Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

Yes it sure is horrible, the pain use to wake me and scared the heck out of me, I use to worry it was something more serious. I didn't really find anything helped me much until the meds kicked in. From memory I think it took about a week before there was any noticeable improvement but that probably depends on how bad it is, mine was described as mild. Just try to keep your diet fairly bland, avoid coffee, spicey food and anything acidic. I actually started on pariat but my GI said Nexium is better. The symptoms you are experiencing now are from the existing inflamation. The pariat stops the production of acid in your stomach,( which has caused the inflamation) so the existing inflamation can heal and prevent it from happening again. I know how worrying it is, I'm always second guessing my Doctor but I can assure you my symptoms were exactly as you've described and that was over 3 years ago. Hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread