It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

vlirette60 HB User
tumor on the liver but the blood results showed up good

I have a tumor on the liver but the blood results showed up good

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: tumor on the liver but the blood results showed up good

this is one reason that when someone really really needs to know the bigger fuller picture of any of the abdominal organs, you really do have to have the labs done AND at least like an ultrasound too. the thing about our lab numbers even beginning to actually change in us is that there just HAS TO be some real true impact on function overall or in a specific area in order for the numbers to actually go out of range in some way. there just has to be function impairment to some degree.

i have a liver and both klidneys absolutely loaded and i mean inside and out with huge globs of cysts and yet my labs with both are still ALL within the norm ranges. very insane if you could actually see what my ultrasounds look like. but obviously my liver and kidneys are still functioning well despite all that to a good degree still. i know they WILL someday change(my PKD is just a progressive type of disease), probably much sooner vs later, but this is just how things are with labs only being done on anyone. it really does take both to get the best overall picture of any organ really.

do they know yet just what type of tumor this is or what it actually consists of? did they say an actual tumor or a possible lesion of some kind? have they done a biopsy? at least your overall liver functions are not being affected at all at this point, so that really truely IS great news. hopefully this can be easily treated and your functions will never really go OUT of the norms. please keep me posted, and good luck with this, marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread