It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
(female)

hope4serenity HB User
Angry Stupid freakin doctors

i am absolutely beaten down and depressed. i went to city of hope and explained my issues and concerns including that i was losing my insurance in 8 days and they came back with "i dont believe your symptoms are from your liver, we should do two months worth of test to find out what is really wrong, and even if it is your liver you have so much going on we may cut part of it out and you may still have problems with the other parts so its best to do nothing" and i asked how i was supposed to do that with no insurance and the doctor totally had no idea, like everyone magically has insurance and im the first person to tell him that i dont have any. if one more person tells me that my liver dosnt hurt i am going to punch them in the face. and then he proceeded to lecture me on how 'bad' of a surgery it was and how some how i got it in my head that that is he answer and how i didnt want to go through that anyway. HELLO you think i dont know how bad it is going to be, you think that i dont know the risks, i didnt just come in off the street and say 'hey let take out part of my liver, for fun' . i was in the freaking hospital for 5 days with a woman who may lose her liver and possibly her life at any time. i get it, its a nasty horrible surgery.but every single doctor that i see that is not a surgeon, including my freaking GYNO thinks i need surgery, yet the stupid surgeons are too afraid of coving their asses that they dont want to help me. so now im losing my insurance and i went to go see their finical person and she said i should go on COBRA (yeah like i have an extra $400 a month for that) or go on state disability, which would be fine and dandy except i am actively pursuing my workmans comp case and and finally seeing progress with it with my new lawyer (in three weeks hes already sent me to two doctors) and if i go on state record that i cant work because of my damned liver then i could lose the case, and lose any medical benefit for my neck and head and the financial compensation that i deserve for having to put my life on hold for 2 years and counting. dont get me wrong its not just about the money, but faced with having a possible paycheck for life, or signing up for some state program where a doctor still wont operate on me, ide vote for the paycheck. im so freaking mad, i dont mind doing more tests, i dont mind having them look into other options, but to tell me its not my liver after examining me for 5 minuets is just reduciouls. i think im going to try and apply for the county program i found and go from there, i did find out that i can get my meds for 4$ at wallmart w/o insurance. never though ide say that wallmart saved my life. sorry for the long rabble but i just really needed to vent, i am so very very angry and frustrated. oh yeah and in pain!! stupid freakin doctors.

i hope you are doing well : )
kels

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread