It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User
Diet to get liver numbers down?

I was supposed to travel, but my liver function tests ALT and AST came back high, so I'm postponing the trip a little. I will be retested on the 16th of Nov. to see if my liver numbers go down a little bit. I've gotten off all my pills. From a eating standpoint though, what should my diet look like, or more importantly, what food should I exclude to get my liver numbers back to within a normal range.

Thanks for any input.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
(male)

Flutiefan HB User
Re: Diet to get liver numbers down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCman View Post
I was supposed to travel, but my liver function tests ALT and AST came back high, so I'm postponing the trip a little. I will be retested on the 16th of Nov. to see if my liver numbers go down a little bit. I've gotten off all my pills. From a eating standpoint though, what should my diet look like, or more importantly, what food should I exclude to get my liver numbers back to within a normal range.

Thanks for any input.
Hey there

Just noticed nobody replied to your post, do not feel bad I posted a similar post and nobody answered mine either, after a few days or so I just deleted the post, or as much as I could of it.

I would like to hear how you are making out, as it sonds familiar. When you say you have stopped taking your pills, would that include a cholesteral pill, if so what one and the dose? Also how have you been doing with your diet?

I just got elevated number for the first time, all I know is the Dr said my liver function was at 54 and it should be at 49. After doing some research I have stopped taking my 40 mg daily dose of Mevacor, even though my Dr told me to stay on the 40 mgs. I am in Canada so not sure if the numbers are the same as US numbers? I know Cholesteral testing in the USA is totally foreign to how we read Canadian Cholesteral.

At any rate, do we have anything in common, hows the diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User
Re: Diet to get liver numbers down?

Hello,

I don't eat fast food at all, but I don't really eat healty either. I am struggling with something called Gastroparesis, so I can't eat toomuch fiber. Instead of Whole wheat bread, I need to eat white bread, so my diet is not too healthy.

I am 25 years old and have never taken a cholesterol pill, so I wouldn't know.

Closed Thread