It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

dleigh57 HB User
Liver abnormalities

I am 52 years old. In 1990 I had to have emergency gallbladder surgery because of a gallstone being lodged in the bile duct. Since then, I've been pretty healthy - except when I drink water I have diarrhea. I had told the doctor about this shortly after the surgery and he said that when you have your gallbladder taken out many people have trouble with diarrhea. So, I never mentioned it again. And, needless to say, I don't drink water much.

Well, the local Rotary Club sponsors a blood screening each year where you complete the tests, fill out a card that tells who your doctor is and they give him the results and then he, in turn, mails the card to you with either the "All blood levels within their normal limits" or "Please call my office, you have some adnormalities". Well, I received the second notice along with his handwritten note saying "liver abnormalities".

Well, I have never even drunk any alcohol, I have never smoked, and the better part of my adult life my blood pressure has been about 80 over 63. That is up until this last year, however, and now it is much higher 134 over
70. I have constant headaches (stress related, I thought) and I am extremely tired all the time. And, I just don't feel well - but I didn't feel bad enough to go to the doctor. I just figured he'd tell me that I needed to slow down - I have two jobs, two kids, three grandkids and a lot going on in my life is the norm.

And, to add to the scare, the doctor's office is closed. Can anyone tell me what the possiblities are for liver abnormalities.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Liver abnormalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleigh57 View Post
I am 52 years old. In 1990 I had to have emergency gallbladder surgery because of a gallstone being lodged in the bile duct. Since then, I've been pretty healthy - except when I drink water I have diarrhea. I had told the doctor about this shortly after the surgery and he said that when you have your gallbladder taken out many people have trouble with diarrhea. So, I never mentioned it again. And, needless to say, I don't drink water much.

Well, the local Rotary Club sponsors a blood screening each year where you complete the tests, fill out a card that tells who your doctor is and they give him the results and then he, in turn, mails the card to you with either the "All blood levels within their normal limits" or "Please call my office, you have some adnormalities". Well, I received the second notice along with his handwritten note saying "liver abnormalities".

Well, I have never even drunk any alcohol, I have never smoked, and the better part of my adult life my blood pressure has been about 80 over 63. That is up until this last year, however, and now it is much higher 134 over
70. I have constant headaches (stress related, I thought) and I am extremely tired all the time. And, I just don't feel well - but I didn't feel bad enough to go to the doctor. I just figured he'd tell me that I needed to slow down - I have two jobs, two kids, three grandkids and a lot going on in my life is the norm.

And, to add to the scare, the doctor's office is closed. Can anyone tell me what the possiblities are for liver abnormalities.

I had my gallbladder removed a year ago and had problems ever since. I was in great health but had it removed because of stones. I now have indigestion, belching, and pain under my right rib. My whole summer was spent getting ever test you could possibly have by a gasterologist - I even had a colonoscopy at age 42 and they found nothing. I found out that bile was making me have diarreaha so I found a medicine called welchol that absorbs the bile and I no longer have diarreahea. I wish I could find out what is causing the nausea and belching?? I recently had a physical exam and my liver enzymes were slightly up so my doctor thinks it could be fatty liver still being there. I was doing really well for 3 months because I was going to accupuncture and feeling really good but then about a week ago I started to get the nausea feeling again???

Closed Thread