It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
(male)

BobbyC1111 HB User
ALT Reading's

First of all let say how much I hurt for everyone hear and at the same time appreciate all the input to educate people going through this process with you, so they can support themselves and have a better understanding of what may be happening to them as well.

In late September I had what I would describe as a bad gall bladder attack, not absolutely sure but from what I have read it seams to be pretty consistent with the symptoms. Since then I have been steadily losing weight 199 – 185 to date and feeling very sluggish and lethargic coupled with not much appetite. I bought life insurance in 2006 and my blood screen alt was 91, when I had my blood tested in this last October my alt was 63 and now three months later it is 37.

My other entire blood tests have come back in the normal ranges other than slightly high cholesterol read which the doctor said wasn’t enough to take anything for. My question is can your alt levels drop back to normal like that if you have Alcoholic Hepatitis or stages of Cirrhosis. My understanding of alts combined with biliruben was a measure of how well the liver is functioning? Anyone have this happen and what was your outcome, I am in the process of getting a referral for a gastro doc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Closed Thread