It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

kelliedyan HB User
I'm so scared, help

I went in on Saturday for a CT scan to look at a cyst in my kidney and they found two "masses" in my liver, a large one on the right and a smaller one on the left. The dr that I talked to yesterday says that they couldn't tell what they were by the CT scan so I went in today for an MRI. I'm only 29 and have a 2 year old that I'm scared I won't get to watch grow up. I'm not a drinker so that takes out one risk factor for liver cancer, but of course my mind rushes to the worst. Everything I've read says that one mass is pretty common, but I have two, which isn't helping my mind at all. Help, I'm not sleeping at night and I'm not eating because I'm scared. Please help me!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
(female)

claste HB User
Re: I'm so scared, help

hi, i just wanted to try to give you some reassurance, please try not to worry i know this is easier said than done but your little one needs you and if it is something sinister then worrying won't help, cancer for me is a huge fear, i would go to the doctor all the time with concerns only to be told i have an anxiety disorder, i'm starting to learn that what will be will be and no amount of worrying can cure an illness only make it worse, chances are that its something that can be treated and you will get on with your life and watch your little one grow up, try to stay positive and talk to god, release your fears to him, believe me it really helps. ((((((hug))))))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
(female)

Ivorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB User

I know this is difficult the not knowing part but just to alleviate some of your fears a few years back when I hospitalized for diverticulitis, they did a CAT scan and found some masses in my liver....they went on to do a MRI and found that they were fatty tumors which is a common finding in people in their 40's which I was at that time. There was really nothing that they would do.....they advised me to watch my diet and weight to prevent other fatty tumors.

So, as difficult as it may be, see what the doctor recommends and take one moment at a time.

Most likely they will want to do a MRI and investigate more to identify what these "masses" are.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is something benign and that you will find some relief in knowing that soon.

Please keep us posted.

~ IG

Old 01-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
(female)

kelliedyan HB User

Thank you both for your help. I got the results last night and it's FNH, which from what I'm reading is a benign and doesn't lead to cancer in the future, they want me to go in for another CT scan in about 6 months to make sure they aren't growing. I'm considering going off the birth control pill to see if that shrinks them so I'm looking at other options for that as well. I was so happy to hear that's all it is and that I'll be able to see my little girl grow up. Thanks again!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
(female)

Ivorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB User

That's GREAT news....so happy that you can now sit back and not worry and focus on loving that little girl of yours.

Stay well and know that I am sharing in your relief ~ IG

Old 01-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
(female)

cody48 HB User

Was just reading your post and my heart went out to you. I'm so glad that the results were good. Get on with your life now and TRY not to worry. I know, that's easier said than done. GOD is good!

Closed Thread