It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
(female)

cody48 HB User
Liver Concerns

I was at my OB/GYN's office this morning and we were looking at the results of a CAT scan that I had last year. As we were talking about it, he happened to mention cysts on my liver. I had never heard anything about this before and was shocked. It read "Sub-centimeter scattered liver cysts and low attenuation foci that are too small to characterize. One cyst 2.1 x 2.2 cm on left lobe, 3 other simple cysts within liver and SIX other subcentimeter low attenuation foci within liver too small to characterize"!!!! Holy Mackeral.....Sounds to me like my liver is full of cysts!!! He said that he didn't feel that it was a problem at all. My internist had also been sent copies of this test and said nothing to me. Is this something to be concerned about? I have an appointment with my internist (just a check-up) and will ask about this but I am SCARED TO DEATH. I never thought of a problem like this. Please help!!!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
is it possible for liver cysts not to show on ultrasound?? jellebeans Liver & Pancreas Disorders 1 04-20-2010 07:29 AM
Latest news regarding liver tests burpee Pain Management 8 01-08-2010 06:46 AM
Dilantin, with liver mets and cirrhosis Kerrjaster Liver & Pancreas Disorders 4 01-22-2009 10:40 AM
striant (buccal t replacement), E2 & liver concerns jkhh Men's Health 0 07-30-2008 05:47 PM
Fatty Infiltration of Liver? MidlineNotFine Liver & Pancreas Disorders 18 04-13-2008 12:59 PM