It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

whats next HB User
Question do you know about the stages of cirrhosis?

Hi, my moma has cirrhosis and the dr said she is about 2 1/2 to 3 in stages. What does this mean? What is next? When she is bad off she stays with me which is an hour and a half from all her dr. Should I change everything over? Do I have time? What do I need to do? She is sick almost every other day and real weak and tried. Can someone please help me?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #2
(male)

texone3 HB User
Re: do you know about the stages of cirrhosis?

Yes, I think mabey I can. I have had a liver transplant because of HCC (liver cancer). I was doing well 3 years later but has a biopsy done and my cancer was back. In 2006 I was told I was at a 0/1. I ask the transplant surden what that meant and he told me they classify liver damage on a scale 0/0 (best) to 3/3 (worst). In 2006 I went from a 0/0 to a 0/3. It meant I had allot of fat on my liver. In 07 I was at a 2/2-3, bridging and scrossis. Of course now I am at a 3/3 stage IV cancer. This means my cancer is not just in my liver anymore but my colon, stomach, lungs, and bile ducts. Now I am terminal and on hospice. Hope this helps, and my prayers are with you and your mother. Peace.

The following user gives a hug of support to texone3:
shaunahagen (01-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
(female)

whats next HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by texone3 View Post
Yes, I think mabey I can. I have had a liver transplant because of HCC (liver cancer). I was doing well 3 years later but has a biopsy done and my cancer was back. In 2006 I was told I was at a 0/1. I ask the transplant surden what that meant and he told me they classify liver damage on a scale 0/0 (best) to 3/3 (worst). In 2006 I went from a 0/0 to a 0/3. It meant I had allot of fat on my liver. In 07 I was at a 2/2-3, bridging and scrossis. Of course now I am at a 3/3 stage IV cancer. This means my cancer is not just in my liver anymore but my colon, stomach, lungs, and bile ducts. Now I am terminal and on hospice. Hope this helps, and my prayers are with you and your mother. Peace.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
(female)

whats next HB User

thankyou for getting back to me. I hope ur not in alot of pain and I hope u have peace in ur heart. My kind thoughts are with you always

Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
(female)

DawninMo HB User

I read about stages over at delphiforums but they go a,b,c not 1,2,3

Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
(female)

DawninMo HB User

God bless you texone3

Old 02-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
(female)

Dohna HB User

Hi Iam really sorry to hear about your moma. Maybe you could go to a church and let them know you situation and maybe they can help, I really think they will.
Goodluck you will be in my prayers.

Dohna

Old 02-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
(female)

whats next HB User

thankyou all for getting back to me. I am glad to say my moma can eat now!! After 4 months without getting sick. She is still tired alot but keeps on going. She dont know how bad she is or whats ahead. We (the Dr. and I) think its best if we just let her live happy without knowing whats ahead. He knows when she get realy bad to give me a 3months heads up. I'm sending best wishes and lots of prayers to you all.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
(female)

grandma2o2girls HB User

Whatnext, please let us know how your mom is doing ok? I am sending prayers your way.
Darlene

Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 PM   #10
(female)

whats next HB User

moma is still doing good!! She is playin around and enjoying life with her family. She don't have to go back to the liver dr for 1 month!! YAY me. Thanku for thinking of us and i will post all i can about what she is going thourgh so may b it will help someone else. XOXOXOX

Old 03-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
(female)

Dohna HB User

What is going on with her. If she is throwing up blood and retaining fluid. You should talk to her Doctor. You should talk to your mom about what if something happens to her what would she want you to do and how to handle things . Comfort her let her know you are there for her and you love her and maybe when you talk to the doctor ask him if there is chance for her and what could be done to help her. Good luck and take care

Dohna

Old 03-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #12
(female)

cassieMB HB User

Hello- I wish i could tell you what the stages mean but I know from experience it is no fun having a parent with cirrosis my dad 52 was diagnosed 3 months ago with cirrosis. We were told a week ago that he has 2 months to a year to live with out a liver transplant. He has been in and out of the hospital the last two months with the bleeding vescular veins. in and out of icu. His amonia levels rise and he gets confused and starts acting different but he dont know he is doing it.. has your mother been going to get her amonia levels checked?

Closed Thread