It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

sluvsb HB User
Now having pale, yellow bowel movements ???

I am now having pale, yellow stool as an added symptom this week of whatever is going on added with my elevated ALT, AST & ALP levels. My abdominal pain is a dull/pressure feeling and felt from center to right side under my ribs. My back has also been hurting as well in the same areas as the front. I have been feeling more tired than usual lately. I only have until Monday until I see the GI md but I am sure ready to get to the bottom of this. I am so tired of feeling like this and not knowing what is causing this as many of you are going through the same frustrations. Are these symptoms pointing more to a particular direction to anyone ??

Old 06-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
(male)

Bloodstone HB User
Re: Now having pale, yellow bowel movements ???

I do know, for sure, that pale/yellow stools means, that you are not getting enough nutrition and becoming malnurished: try vitamin suppliments along with an enzyme tablet too help in digestion. hope this helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
(male)

PopeyeJones HB User
Re: Now having pale, yellow bowel movements ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluvsb View Post
I am now having pale, yellow stool as an added symptom this week of whatever is going on added with my elevated ALT, AST & ALP levels. My abdominal pain is a dull/pressure feeling and felt from center to right side under my ribs. My back has also been hurting as well in the same areas as the front. I have been feeling more tired than usual lately. I only have until Monday until I see the GI md but I am sure ready to get to the bottom of this. I am so tired of feeling like this and not knowing what is causing this as many of you are going through the same frustrations. Are these symptoms pointing more to a particular direction to anyone ??
You're describing the classic symptoms of a gallstone obstruction.

Everybody has gallstones in their gallbladders, but sometimes they can lodge themselves into a bile duct. The galbladder produces and excretes bile onto the food you digest, giving your stools that brown colour. The blocked bile duct is preventing the bile that your gallbladder produces from being excreted on your stool and it remains a pale, yellowish colour. This can cause elevated liver enzymes in your blood as well as dull pains on your right side and back.

Go to the doctor and have an ultrasound or a CTscan done to identify whether there is blockage. If there is, and the pain continues, then the doctor may recommend to remove your gallbladder via surgery. I, personally, would recommend doing a gallbladder flush with lemon juice and olive oil before jumping to conclusions and removing your galbladder, but you must consult with a naturopath first before doing one of these flushes as they can make things worse if not done properly.

Closed Thread