It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

willowthewisp HB Userwillowthewisp HB User
Does this meany anything!!!

Hello, i have regular blood tests to check my thyroid level, (under active)and i remember once the Dr said to me something about my liver wasnt right, but i can't remember what?
I have now had another blood test and the Dr wants it repeated because he said my liver enzymes are raised.
Can anyone tell me if the readings below are ok, or a bit too high and what it might mean.
( No gall bladder)

ALT = 67 (Alanine Aminotransferase)
ALP = 78 ( Alkaline Phospates)
No result for GGT or AST
ALB 44
Rubibilin? 6
Protein 72

I think it's just my protein that is a bit high,
Any idea's anyone.

Many thanks
Willow

Last edited by willowthewisp; 09-06-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
(male)

JCAllison HB User
Re: Does this meany anything!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowthewisp View Post
Hello,
Hey Willow.

Quote:
Dr said to me something about my liver wasnt right, but i can't remember what?
When was this? It would be best to get the Doctor to elaborate about his statement.

Quote:
I have now had another blood test and the Dr wants it repeated because he said my liver enzymes are raised.
You've been having thyroid tests. Your Doctor probably wants to do a Liver Function Panel which is Liver specific.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if the readings below are ok, or a bit too high and what it might mean.
That your ALT = 67, Latest Range is 7 - 56. A score of 67 is negligible, but what should concern you more is that it is elevated at all.

That your ALP = 78, Latest Range is 30 - 132. You are well within the normal limits.

That your ALB = 44! Are you sure you didn't mean 4.4? Albumin Latest Range is 2.9 - 5.0. I'm of the opinion that if your Albumin was actually 44 that your Doctor would be all over you about it.

"Rubibilin"(?) = 6 Bilirubin Total Latest Range is 0.1 - 1.3. Are you sure it is 6? It might be 0.6. There is also what is called Bilirubin Direct, the Latest Range for that is 0.0 - 0.3.
Again, if it is actually 6, I would think that the Doctor would be all over you about it.

Protein = 72 Protein Total Latest Range is 6.0 - 8.4. Are you sure it is 72 and not 7.2?

Quote:
I think it's just my protein that is a bit high, Any idea's anyone. Many thanks
Willow
You need to recheck your scores. Make sure that the numbers that you posted are accurate.

HTH

JC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
(female)

Strange this but here we are in 2012 and my liver result is coming back high still. i cant remember if this happened through 2011 because i was fighting for my life against breast cancer, but Jan 2012 two of my liver enzymes were too high, March 2012 had another test to check them and again too high, not massively high but still over the normal range, so again my dr has said come back in 2 months and we will check them again. I know one of them was my alp, and the other one was had a G in the name, i am going to try and find the result and print it back on here, but i do not have a clue what raised liver enzymes might mean x

Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #4
(female)

Lilac Wine HB User

I have high liver enzymes that are due to my fatty liver.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
(female)

my g.p. just says lets leave it a few months and test it again, but this is now 2 years. I dont think he realises its been 2 years as i had a change of dr at some stage. I know my results are not that high, but as you say why are they high at all.
Here in England i think we have different 'normal' levels as my results show what they normal level should be and mine is over:
ALT/SGPT serum level should be up to 33.... mine is 48.
Serum Gamma GT level should be 4 - 42, mine is 43 so only a tiny bit high, but still been high for 2 years???

Closed Thread