It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

tlpcanoe HB User
ascites,cirrosis

my friend has alcoholic cirrosis.he has bleed from the stomache,has muscle waisting,bone marrow depression,portal hypertension,mental fogging,ascites that continues after parencentesis that continues to put out clear yellow fluid for one week after the draining,at least 1200 ml.aday.6 liters were drained with intial parencentesis.he is jaundice. his sclera has been jaundice for a couple years before acute onset of all the sickness.his belly looks like he is 9 months pregnant one week after the parencentesis.

How long do you beleive he has to live?he is irritable. conrinues to load the dish washer,things like that,but sleeps alot,tired.he does talk on the phone at times.the guailty of his life is basically gone.i am so tird of his isuues.i tried for 11 years to get him to stop drinking.he has quit,but it is too late.i am a nurse.i do understand the physiology[sp] of his condition.ionly want a professional guess as to lenght of time befor death.i feel 1-4 months?his ptt is also affected.i told him along time ago i would continue to work when this all caught up with him,so i don't get to talk with the Dr's very often.he has applied for ssi.we have made a living will.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Cirrosis, ascites and parasentisis...how much longer can he last? writeleft Liver & Pancreas Disorders 0 09-23-2008 12:36 PM
Does anyone know about cirrosis? bert1 Liver & Pancreas Disorders 6 12-08-2007 12:58 PM
Draining Ascites Celestine Liver & Pancreas Disorders 1 05-19-2006 08:22 PM
Recovered cirrosis but having blood count issues kierrasmommy Liver & Pancreas Disorders 5 03-18-2006 08:24 AM
Do you have to be on certain meds. if you have advanced cirrosis? athiena35 Liver & Pancreas Disorders 2 08-14-2003 08:49 AM