It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

menicrazy HB User
Positive for Antimitochondrial antibody, tested for PBC (primary biliary cirrhosis)

I was Dx Oct/2009 with PBC after testing positive for the Antimitochondrial antibody-got a biopsy in Jan to confirm early stage-started URSO FORTE x 2 a day and my enzymes have all returned to normal-my hepatologist is the head of research for PBC and the head Hepa Dr - he says chances are I will live a normal life expectancy--let's hope he is right. Keep us posted

Old 11-06-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
(female)

scooby65 HB User
Re: antimitochondrial antibody

Hi
Iv'e been told ive got that anti-body and im terrified. Do you have any symptoms? You can have this anti-body and nothing ever happens, but we are at high risk of developing PBC. There is a PBC foundation website which is very useful in offering support and information on this condition.

Goodluck with your search

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
(female)

scooby65 HB User
Re: antimitochondrial antibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by menicrazy View Post
I was Dx Oct/2009 with PBC after testing positive for the Antimitochondrial antibody-got a biopsy in Jan to confirm early stage-started URSO FORTE x 2 a day and my enzymes have all returned to normal-my hepatologist is the head of research for PBC and the head Hepa Dr - he says chances are I will live a normal life expectancy--let's hope he is right. Keep us posted
Hi Menicrazy
Do you have any symptoms with the PBC. And how did you discover this anti-body, was you tested because you have symptoms or was it detected by chance?

I have the Antimitochondrial anti-body too and im frightened. It was discovered by chance when they took blood for something else. Please let me know how you are getting on.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
(female)

scooby65 HB User
Re: Positive for Antimitochondrial antibody, tested for PBC (primary biliary cirrhosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by menicrazy View Post
Ive tested positive with the anti-body, went to Addenbrookes in Cambridge, consultant has said i only have anti-body as yet....he said i have not developed the condition yet! I get really tired tho. He did ultrasound scan and said no abnormalities in liver area! (whatever that means) is what he's done enough not to worry until i have my blood tested again in a years time! I'm still stressing!

Closed Thread