It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

Slimz HB User
Liver Enzymes 3 times higher than normal

I recently went to get the results from my blood work (I do a yearly physical). Everything was fine but my liver enzymes . They are three times higher than what they should be , I believe they were a little over 110. I'm concerned because I have no idea what the issue can be.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Liver Enzymes 3 times higher than normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
I recently went to get the results from my blood work (I do a yearly physical). Everything was fine but my liver enzymes . They are three times higher than what they should be , I believe they were a little over 110. I'm concerned because I have no idea what the issue can be.
That is troubling.
Are you overweight?
Have you been tested for hepatitis (B & C)?

You should certainly discuss these concerns with your doctor.
Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Kali333; 01-09-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hi slimz. i don't normally post on this particular board, but i just kept seeing this post sitting there with no real solid info given for you so i thought i could at least let you know a couple things to help? there IS a liver forum here on these boards way down in the 'L" section? this site can REALLY help you with what you are trying to figure out. i post there too with my liver and unfortuently also a kidney disease too.

just what 'specific enzymes" came up out of range on your lab sheet? do you actually HAVE your very own copy OF that lab sheet? if not, DO obtain one, and any other types of testing results you may ever just get done for your own files and so people/docs will know specifics when they are needed too. i do this with ALL testing i have to have and have EVERY single lab sheet on me and also my son who unfortunetly had to have a liver transplant at only age 12. the sheets just allow you to better compare your 'ongoing' labs as far as are they going up or down(this is simply called 'trending" your ongoing labs for any changes). just so YOU know everything that most docs just wont always tell you.

but DO pop into the liver board here and try and post another post there, or you can also answer me here too. but going to that other board will also allow other people who ALSO have liver issues to also possibly give you other valuable info too. but DO get all testing result sheets, it really DOES help us to better know what is going on. and find out the actual names of any specific labs that you are referring to, so when/if you post on the liver board, that post will actually contain names and the numbers you have out of range, which really IS the best way to ask for info. there just are alot of seperate liver functions that get tested for on any hepatic panel run. are you possibly referring to the AST, ALT and either your alkaline phosphotase or GGT? hope this helps you hon, FB

Old 03-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #4
(male)

dancarter HB User

Hello I'm new here...
I have about the same levels as you... I'm 26 years old, not overweight, but not exercising too much to be honest.
my doctor told me I need to re-take the test in 2 weeks
thank you

Last edited by dancarter; 03-02-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Tree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB UserTree Frog HB User

Hi

A lot of things can cause liver enzymes to be up besides disease such as Hepatitis C, A or B. It means the liver is having to work too hard to remove toxins.

Second hand smoke (any kind of smoke) can cause the liver enzymes to be up. So can certain over the counter and prescription drugs, exposure to chemicals, etc.

The liver can get very stressed and people need to realize that second hand smoke can cause liver failure in livers that are compromised by disease. I didn't know this until after a blood test my doctor asked me if I was smoking. I didn't smoke at all, but had been at a outdoors picnic where some people were smoking cigars nearby me. I was stunned to learn that even getting the smoke on my skin causes my liver to be stressed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tree Frog For This Useful Post:
starryGal09 (03-23-2011)
Closed Thread