It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

celulitis HB User
Fatty liver and normal ALT/AST now what?

Hello.

In late November 2010 on a ultrasound they found that I have mild fatty liver, the doc didn't paid much attention and let me go home like nothing. a few days ago I did went to another gastro, and explain to him that I want to know (since I have fatty liver according to the ultrasound) how my liver is working. So, a blood work was done recently (a few days ago) and this is what I got:

wbc: 5.7
rbc: 5.38
AST: 12
ALT: 14.3
lipase: 34
amylase: 22.7

I don't understand, how having fatty liver (November 2010) and this February blood work, shows normal liver functioning. My new doc, doesn't want me to do more ultrasounds since the liver is working fine he says...I have being since December taking Vitamin E and Omega-3 fish oil, dunno if this had helped the liver, but the doc refuses to do a new ultrasound on me. Hep A & B where also tested (negative), I also have plenty of red dot pin point on my harms, stomach, chest, neck, every where, since a few years now. any thoughs?

Last edited by celulitis; 02-06-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

jonphotog HB User
Re: Fatty liver and normal ALT/AST now what?

I also have a fatty liver and normal blood tests. I have the same red pin marks, and even have white-pale finger nails. Been to plenty of doctors and was told that anything really serious would show up between the two tests (ultrasound and blood) so not to worry,. YOu shouldnt worry either. dont drink and diet and take milk thistle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread