It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
(female)

sirbaron HB User
Possible PBC...ALT at 106

Dr thinks i may have Primary Bilinary Cirrosis because my liver enzyme is at 106...ALT. Ive been on everything from vicoden to percosets for about a year now due to other issues. She wants me to wait 4 weeks to repeat my bloodwork to recheck my levels. She has said do not take any medicines unless i prescribe it to you. I have a dull ache on my right side and can have itching also. Liver ultrasound shows nothing wrong with my liver...dr states my liver looks great and all my other bloodwork is fine. Does anyone else have these issues? I am scared to death. Also can Zyrtec raise liver enzymes?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
(male)

Trev12345 HB User
Re: Possible PBC...ALT at 106

Mine were that high about 6 month's ago i was diagnosed with fatty liver lost a bit of weight and watched what i ate and now they are not in the normal range but 58 ALT.

It was only my ALT lvl that was raised.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
(female)

meow50 HB User

Don't worry! If you have PBC, not only ALT will be raised, there are other indicators will be abnormal. Like - Total Bili, ALP, AST, GGT. Trust your doctor. Eat well, sleep well, do some exercises. Wish you have good health!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i too am trying to figure out just how in the heck your doc came up with such a rather impactful dx based upon only ONE enzyme being out of norm??? it totally agree with meow up there that if you actually had PBC, many other labs, and not 'just' your hepatics(the ones she mentioned) would also almost have to be out of range as well. this 'could be' attributed solely to the amount of tylenol you have been consuming too, depending upon YOUR own bodys physiology and overall sensitivity to it. and there just can be many other reasons for even having that R sided pain. getting a contrasted CT may help in finding out more overall.

going without the tylenol, and if you do really need something narcotic for pain, there ARE other narcotics like roxicodone that contain NO tylenol at all. if she really wants to find out if this just even could be related to the tylenol consumpton, have her, if she agrees here to only Rx you the roxicodone until you do a repeat labs again and see if that makes any difference. roxi is ONLY the oxycodone part of percocet, but with no tylenol or other products BUT plain oxycodone. trying this for even one month in place of any other tylenol based med would show that either the tylenol may be the culprit or something else.

the thing here is, it does appear from what you stated that your US looked great? PBC would at the very LEAST be somewhat noticable within the hepatic bile ducts(the billiary tree? and chirhossis means scarring of) in some shape of form. i really think either she needs to send you to an actual GI doc or you need to change primarys. to tell someone what she told you based upon that ONE and only lab being out of the norm when it could be many different meds/situations that could casuse this, is really kinda scarey to me actually having both a liver and kidney disease myself. it just would NOT by a long shot be the very first 'choice' of potential diagnosises for what you are showing.

also make CERTAIN to always obtain each and every lab sheet and testing result report from ANY types of testing that ever gets done on you so you simply can also read thru them,and also have them for YOUR personal medical files like i have that i keep on myself and my son at home(he has a liver Tx and PKD in the kidneys too). this stuff can also seriously come in very handy if you should have any problems that you need to run to the ER for. just keep everything in one file and bring it with you so the ER docs already know your past labs and then have that 'baseline' to work from too. trust me, it really can help tons to just have when needed for certain things that can occur. but i would be asking this doc just what in the HECK makes her even begin to feel that this is what you have. its just a bit out there compared to many other possibles and given what you have stated you 'don't' have going on. please DO let us know what you find out. good luck, marcia

Closed Thread