It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

xBabyGirlx28x HB User
scared something wrong with my liver Or could this be something else anybody pleaseee

HELLO EVERYBODY,I'VE POSTED EVERYWHERE NOT GOT MUCH ANSWER SO I DECIDED MAYBE IF I POSTED HERE I'D GET SOMEWHERE OR AT LEAST SOME ANSWERS. HERES MY STORY i THOUGHT MAYBE SOMETHiNG WAS WRONG WiTH MY LiVER DUE TO MY DRiNKiNG,BY DRiNKiNG ONLY DRiNKiNK ONLY ON WEEKENDS MOSTLY i DON'T DRiNK DURiNG THE WEEK.I STARTED HAViNG RiGHT SiDE ABDOMINAL PAIN FiRST I RUSH TO THE HOSPiTAL SCARED FREAKED OUT THEY FiRST PRESSED ON MY LiVER REALLY HARD AND MADE ME TAKE A DEEP BREATH IN & THEN PRESSED AROUND ON MY TUMMY AND OTHER PLACE AND ASK ME iF iT HURT. THEN AFTER THAT DECiDED ON WHAT TEST THEY WE'RE GOiNG TO DO THEY DiD LiVER FUNTiON TEST,AND OTHER BLOOD WORK i THiNK TO CHECK FOR PACRTiTIS & GALLBLADDER? NOT SURE iF THERES BLOOD WORK FOR THAT OR NOT ALSO A CBC. AND A URiAN SAMPLE TOO,ASLO A CATSCAN. . . SO I SiT IN THE HOSPiTAL WAiTTING FOR ANSWERS WHiLE ON PAIN MEDS. FiNALLY THEY COME BACK SAiD EVERYTHING CAME BACK NORMAL BESiDES THE FACT I HAD A UTi OK SO I GO HOME WITH SOME PAIN MEDS & ANTI BODICS RELiEVED. HERE iT iS MONTHS LATER i'VE BEEN BACK TO THE ER A COUPLE TIMES HAD ANOTHER LIVER FUNTION TEST STILL NOTHING SHOWED UP THATS ALL THEY DID BUT IM ST ILL HAVING THIS RIGHT SIDE PAIN & FEEL LIKE SOMETHING IS KINDA POKING ME FUTHER TO MY RIGHT SIDE. I'VE ALSO JUST RESENTLY HAD A ULTRASOUND DONE OF MY UPPPER ABDOMINAL AN OTHER PARTS OF MY BODY ALL CAME BACK NORMAL. I WENT BACK TO THE DOCTOR TODAY WITH THE SAME PAIN AN SHE CAN'T DIGNOSE ME BECAUSE ALL TEST ARE SHOWING NOTHING IS WRONG WITH ME SO WITH ALL THESE TEST COMING BACK NORMAL CAN IT BE SAFT TO SAY MY LIVER IS OK AN I CAN STOP WORRYING I MEAN ITS NOT A HORRIABLE PAIN ITS VERY BARRABLE JUST ANNOYING SHE ALSO TESTED ME TODAY TO SEE IF I HAD KIDNEY STONE AND NOTHING. SO I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION I HAD MY TUBES TIED DEC 13 COULD THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS? COULD I HAVE LIFTED SOMETHING TOO SOON I STILL GOT 4 WEEKS LEFT I CANT EVEN PICK UP MY OWN DAUGHTER YET THIS IS JUST REALLY ANNOYING ME AND IM REALLY SICK AND TIRED OF DOCTOR AS ARE MY PARENTS IVE HAD BLOOD WORK AFTER BLOOD WORK AFTER BLOOD WORK NOTHING IS COMING BACK BAD EVERYTHING NORMAL LIKE IM HEALTH AS A HORSE. ONLY SYMTOMS I REALLY SEEM TO BE HAVING IS FATIGUE BUT IM GUESSING THATS FROM THE SUGREY I HAD DEC 13 WHERE MY BODY IS STILL HEALING I DONT KNOW OR COULD BE FROM WHERE I TAKE SEQUEAL AT NIGHT TO SLEEP I JUST DONT KNOW IM ALSO LOSING MY HAIR GOING CRAZY THINKING SOMETHING WRONG.I CONSTANTLY THINKING SOMETHINGS WRONG ONLY REASON IM STILL THINKING SOMETHING WRONG IS ALL THE BULL IVE READ ON THE INTERNET SAYING THE BLOOD WORK FOR YOUR LIVER ISNT 100% BUT MY GRANDFATHER HAS BEEN DRINKING FOR 50 YRS AN HIS LIVER TEST COME BACK FINE AN I HAVENT BEEN DRINKING FOR NEARLY THAT LONG IM ONLY 28 FEMALE. MOSTLY BEER I DO SOMETIMES DRINK LIQURE NOTHING MAKES THE PAIN WORSE CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS AN TELL ME ANYTHING I REALLY DONT WANT TO MAKE ANYTHING TRIP TO THE DOCTOR.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
(female)

Anna Khonda HB User
Re: scared something wrong with my liver

I'm so sorry you are suffering. You have had enough testing to stop worry about your liver, however, your pain is VERY real, and I understand how frustrating and scarey it is to have NO answers. Did they check the surgical site by ultrasound? Have they looked for infection, tubal pregnancy, etc? Keep in mind pain can radiate and be felt in an unaffected location..so the pain under your ribs, could be coming from your belly, or your left side..etc. For example I get severe pain in my hips and down to my knees when I menstruate, and clearly I have no sexual organs within my hips or behind my knees.
Have you had an endoscopy? (internal camera view of whats going inside you) Have they ruled out an ulcer, or lung infection? So you see many things could be causing your pain..but truly it is I am sure it is NOT your liver. Especially since you are not showing other classic indications of liver problems.

My advice is intended to be helpfull, I am not a health professional, but I have done an aweful lot of reasearch on liver malfunction in recent months.

I hope you get this solved, and find a means to cope with the pain. It's hard for a Dr. to understand your pain when he or she cannot feel it.

*hugs*

The Following User Says Thank You to Anna Khonda For This Useful Post:
xBabyGirlx28x (01-11-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
(male)

cheffyd82 HB User
Re: scared something wrong with my liver Or could this be something else anybody plea

if all your blood tests are normal and ultrasound came back normal! than most likely your liver is fine! abdominal pain can be caused by a number of things, if your un easy ask for a cat scan, it could be gall bladder, but i would not stress!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
(female)

Anna Khonda HB User
Re: scared something wrong with my liver Or could this be something else anybody plea

I can't see my responce, can you? OK So here is the gyst of it again.
I am truly sorry for your suffering, it is very real but difficult for a Dr. to grasp the seriousness as they aren't feeling it, because if a Dr. was feeling your pain many more tests would be done.
Firstly, your liver is fine, it's been tested multiple times and there and seems absolutely fine. Keep in mind pain can easily radiate, so for example, when I menstruate my hips, and down my legs to behind my knees are very painfull, but clearly I have no reproductive organs behind my knees, so it is radiant pain.

Were you checked for ulcers? Did they use a camera to view inside (upper GI endoscopy?) Do you feel the pain in your back?

I hope you have a swift recovery and answers. Have you tried taking ibuprofin, or prescribed pain remedies for comfort? Could you be having a reaction to other medications?

I'm not a health professional, this is intended as support only, I have done extensive reasearch on liver disease recently, and I am confidant your liver is fine, I hope you find that reassuring.

Last edited by Anna Khonda; 01-10-2012 at 12:00 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Anna Khonda:
xBabyGirlx28x (01-11-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
(female)

xBabyGirlx28x HB User

cat scan was what they done to me first at the hospital,second my doctor order a ultrasound whats scaring me is i keep reading being faitage wanting to sleep during the day is a sign of liver probems well ive been wanting to sleep alot during the day but i also do that sequel for sleep that may be cause the fatiage or could it because my body is still healing from having my tubes tied dec 13 i really dont think they many more test they can possiable do so i should stop worrying?

Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
(male)

cheffyd82 HB User

if Ct scans and ultrasounds were done and they came back normal, i would really stop worrying, fatigue is another general symptom that can be caused by anything from as benign to a cold to something serious, if you still believe something is wrong gather all your medical records and send them off for a scond opinion.

i hope you gett better!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
(male)

pbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB Userpbt140 HB User

Please do not take this as harsh- but I think you have done all you can. If you take any meds then tell your doc and maybe they can work on changing your drugs- Stop milk products for a few weeks and see if that helps--- If you are really really worried about your liver then this is a good time to stop drinking altogether. Then you will at least not have that problem on your mind.
>
Sounds like you have done all you can-- good luck to you.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #8
(female)

xBabyGirlx28x HB User

i really dont drink that much like during the week i dont drink non not one sip at all i drink non cafffinated drinks mostly i just dunno what could be causing this pain which is barable i mean it dont feel like pressure or anything like ppl describe its just there i do not drink any milk products i tryed takin milk thirstle but omg that stuff make me so sick feeling and on top of it not hungry it was horriable i do take meds it could be the meds making me so fatigue,im going tomarrow to have my iron checked to see if its low other than that your right ive done all i can do hell only test really left would be a liver biosy an they arent going to do that inless they suspect something wrong with my liver and of corse with all the blood test & catscans and ultrasounds coming back normal they're seemms to be no need for it, i think what got me so scared about my liver is a few months ago my ex was living with a woman whom had cirrious of the liver she is really bad off but thats her fault cause she wouldnt stop drinkin till now cus the is doing really bad this is when i started getting scared and obsessed with something was wrong with mine. so maybe all this is in my head but i know the pain i feel in that area is real but they see nothing wrong.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
(female)

xBabyGirlx28x HB User

i may have been reading way to much up on the net or reading old site but i read that by the time something does show up on blood work the liver is too far gone is this true? i mean really if it was i think something would b showing up on my grandfathers by now hes been drinking for 50 yrs not heavily but drinking and still drinks. just wondering?

Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
(female)

xBabyGirlx28x HB User
Re: scared something wrong with my liver

i dont want no more testing my grandfather keeps saying if i keep on about the pain they are going to end up cutting me open to see whats going on,i mean its like almost right in the middle of my chest but a little to the left of the right of my liver i dunno im going crazy i have no idea whats wrong i like having a few drinks and everybody seems to think ive had enuff testing that my livers fine so i guess i should just live my life
& stop worrying i mean really i dont want to have to have no more testing its gettin really annoying and my gparents are begaining to think im crazy.

Closed Thread