It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
(male)

fx07 HB User
Elevated Liver Enzymes and Creatinine Levels

Hi guys. I'm a 21 year old college student. I was found to have latent TB recently, and my doctor wanted to monitor my liver as well as other things before I was put on medication. It turns out, that my liver enzymes are already elevated! If I remember correctly, my AST is 168, ALT is 64, and ALP is 69. I had to go and get another blood test and it turns out my creatinine level is 13,000! Apparently this is 100x higher than normal. The people at the lab double-checked and it wasn't a typo.
That number indicates muscle breakdown, yet I feel absolutely no aches. I don't drink,as shocking as that may sound coming from a college student, and I take absolutely no drugs. I try and stay away from Tylenol and whatnot also. My older brother was diagnosed similarly a couple years ago, but he was working out very hard back then. Doctors concluded that was the reason for his elevated enzyme functions. He is doing absolutely fine now. This past semester, I was working out in September but school work caught up with me and I really haven't worked out since.
I'm 5'11, 163 pounds. My cholesterol is very good. I don't think it has to do with fatty liver tissue.
Another thing, I have recently began to feel extremely cold right after eating. This has never happened before. My fingers turn ice cold and I sit there shivering while my family complains about it being too hot. I'm due back for another blood test tomorrow. I'm not too worried, just extremely curious! What could possibly be going on with my body?
Thank you to anyone who responds!

Last edited by fx07; 01-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
(female)

hopefloats36 HB Userhopefloats36 HB User
Re: Elevated Liver Enzymes and Creatinine Levels

My ALT AST, Billirubins and CK are also elevated. Was wondering what you may have found out.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
(male)

fx07 HB User
Re: Elevated Liver Enzymes and Creatinine Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefloats36 View Post
My ALT AST, Billirubins and CK are also elevated. Was wondering what you may have found out.
I mean you're not about to get a reply from anyone else on this forum but thank God it turned out to be very anti-climatic for me. My father is a GI so this is right up his ally. He took over completely, and that's why I ended up getting results back rather quickly. It turns out when I had the blood test done, I had a viral infection. That's it. I just had another blood test done this past weekend and my levels have gone back down to completely normal.

I really hope you get the same anti-climatic results as me

Closed Thread