It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

mereover HB User
Giant Liver Hemangioma

I was diagnosed in spring 2010 with a giant liver hemangioma with several smaller incidental ones. Due to mass internal complications it was removed within the month. Within 18 months it has either reoccurred or another beside of it grew and is now also "giant" sized.
With another surgery possibly looming (my surgeon said when I feel bad enough to call him) I am now trying to research outside of the box. Has anyone heard of using the drug propranolol in treating hemangiomas? Recently some pediatric dermatologist found great success in infants with hemangiomas on their faces with this drug (it's a beta blocker). I found this info on the ncbi website.
I am currently trying to approach this from a hemangioma standpoint instead of liver since there seems to be more research and support for facial hemangiomas.
Any information would be appreciated?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
(female)

Katy567 HB User
Re: Giant Liver Hemangioma

Hi Newbie:

I am wondering how you are doing and if you have found any helpful treatments? I was just diagnosed with a giant hemangioma (9x11x13cm) as well as three smaller ones around 3 to 5cm in my liver as well as an egg-sized adrenal ademona. Quite a shock - and so little information out there esp. on the giant hemangioma. Although I do have symptoms (some back and chest pain, shortness of breath, difficulty sitting still for too long etc...) my strategy is to avoid any surgery if at all possible. Would love to know if there are any natural ways to shrink these things. I have heard that long term birth control use is a culprit (cause) so I stay away from anything with hormones (dairy and soy) and to help my liver, do not eat processed foods and am on a paleo diet. I do feel better since going this route - but not sure it has changed these shape of size of these "gifts"! I Any ideas, successes, information you (or others) have would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread