It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

sirbaron HB User
Dr has no clue whats wrong - liver

Hello Everyone! Im hoping someone can help me...Back in October 2011 my liver swelled up. My PCP took bloodwork and did an ultrasound. US showed liver was enlarged but looked ok otherwise. Blood work showed elevated levels of ALT, AST and Alkaline Phosphate. All normal bloodwork was fine. I was sent to a GI Dr after my Liver Biopsy. I have been thru the following tests:

Liver Biopsy: Showed it could be hepatitus and a VERY small spot of fibrosis
Tons of bloodwork...AMA, ANA, Hepatitus panels (+deeper bloodwork for B & C Hep)and others I cant remember them all. Hep. panels are all normal, ANA negative and I think my AMA is neg too.

ERCP: ALL was normal.

Liver still has slight pain and sometimes my entire abdominal area can hurt. I can even eat some foods and it hurts my stomach.

Just had enzymes check again and this is what they are:
ALT = 187
AST= 114
Alkaline Phoshaste = 384

Liver Dr. has no clue what is causing this...ANY IDEAS out there??? PCP thought I either had Autoimmune Hepatitis or Primary Biliary Cirrhosis. Im just getting upset with tests after test. I was in a panic now Im not sure what to think.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

sirbaron HB User
Re: Dr has no clue whats wrong - liver

I need to give a bit more information on my history: Back in June of 2011 I hurt my neck. I have herniated discs, stenosis and arthritis in my neck. I was taking vicoden and percoet along with muscle relaxers to help the pain. I have since been given 2 shots (epideral steriod shots) in my neck. And I have taken ANY pain meds for the past 5 months. I only take zyrtec, aleve or advil if needed. I also had Lap surgery for abdominal pain in 2010 for which my OBGYN found adhesions A(which covered my appendix), bowls and possibloe adenomyosis. I am also peri-menopausal. I have not had a period for 2 months now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread