It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
(male)

stanemac12 HB User
Likely I have some kind of a liver condition?

Hey all, I'm a 22 year old male and I'm a little bit paranoid that I might have a liver condition. I don't know if I'm just being a hypochondriac though or what, and I'm not currently able to access a doctor so something like this is really my only source of information at this time so it will have to make do.

To give a bit of back story, I have used alcohol over the last 4 years and its varied from light to moderate to heavy use throughout those 4 years. Over the last year or so though I would say that I've probably drank approximately one 750ml (26 oz) bottle of hard liquor per week. But its pretty on off, so sometimes I have have 2 in a week, sometimes none at all.

When I'm feeling around my lower rib cage area though on the right side, I will feel something. Its kind of hard, and is sort of halfway between my right side and the middle of my body on the front. It doesn't hurt at all, even if I apply pressure on it. What I'm worried about is that it might be part of my liver that is enflamed or cirrhosed or something and is all hard and hanging out from under my rib cage or something. But that might just be what I'm thinking because I'm a hypochondriac, I really don't know.

The thing is though I don't know how long this feeling has existed below my rib cage. For all I know its been there my whole life, its just that I've noticed it a few weeks ago.

Most times I read about people with liver cirrhosis though are people who have been very heavy drinkers for 10+ years. Drinking something like a 26 oz bottle every day for those 10+ years. As I said though I've only been drinking for about 4 years and have approximately a 26 oz bottle every week. Is it likely or possible I could have some kind of serious liver problem like cirrhosis or an emflamed or fatty liver or am I just being paranoid about this?

Either way, would it help to just help my liver to regenerate for a while? Stop drinking and healthy for a few weeks or something? I do enjoy drinking with my friends on the weekends, but I could easily take a break for a while if it would improve my health.

Thanks for any responses that can help me out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
(male)

Hypochondriacyy HB User
Re: Likely I have some kind of a liver condition?

Stop poking around there, your not a doctor. If your really concerned go get a blood test.

Closed Thread