It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

CosMicCat HB User
HELP! Liver lesions and dots on my skin

Please help.
Started having what I thought was gall Bladder pain a few weeks back. Had an ultrasound that showed a normal gall bladder with no stones. However, the ultrasound was compared to another ultrasound I had 2 years ago. There are 2 new echogenic foci on my ultrasound in the left lobe of the liver. Again, these 2 spots were not present on the last study. Shortly after this, I had blood work done. It was mostly normal, except my ALT was 43, which is slightly high. After this, small brown and red spots are showing up on my arm. They are petechiae. I was tested many times for Hepatitis. I am negative. I have to have an MRI with contrast in a week.
I am very scared and I would really like some feedback. I know I will have answers soon, but in the meantime I am so scared that I cannot focus on anything else.
Does this mean liver disease? All of these things together seem pretty scary.
Anyone have any advice that could calm me down? PLEASE! Scared!

Last edited by CosMicCat; 05-21-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
(female)

CosMicCat HB User
Re: HELP! Liver lesions and dots on my skin

Ok! 437 views and no reply! Someone? Anyone? Scared!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
(male)

rescue129 HB User

i myself was diagnosed with lesions on my liver i am afraid to go back to the doctor i feel normal not sick

Old 06-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
(female)

CosMicCat HB User

Well, my MRI showed 4 hemangiomas and one live cyst (a simple cyst). I also have a simple cyst on my kidney. From what I have been told, Hemangiomas are common Liver lesions and are totally benign. The only time they can ever cause problems is if they grow really large, so they watch them to see if they grow. I feel better since getting the MRI. It has calmed my fears a lot. I would recommend following up on those lesions. The MRI is no big deal at all and will give you answers. You can also get a blood test and check the function of your liver. Always get answers, or you will worry yourself sick, literally!

The following user gives a hug of support to CosMicCat:
rescue129 (06-17-2012)
Closed Thread