It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
(female)

craz4dogs HB User
so glad to stumble on this.......help or advice

Hi everyone.

I have had health issues the last few years. It started with extreme fatigue and low energy, sore.............
Initial blood tests done and what came up was
Rheumatoid factor positive, high alkaline phos (which has been high for years before that but never with anything else), very high ESR/sed rate, as well the CRP had been slightly elevated.
Dr also ordered ultrsound...........
Ultrasound revealed a 'dark spot" in liver and liver is enlarged..........
MRI was done and said spots appear to be a normal thing I have always had, plus I have fatty liver and I must just have been born with a bigger liver???
So I was sent to a rheumatoligist. For the past 2 years I go see him every 3 months and he gets blood work done.............always same things show up. But recently they also decided to check vitamin D and it was extremely low.......so he told me to take vitamins.
I have tried a few medications for the inflammation---prednisone which was awful and I gained 10lbs, some sulphur thing that made me extremely sick, and something else that did nothing. I do not take anything on a daily basis and may take the odd advil for a headache now and again.

background on myself is I do not smoke, maybe have an alcoholic drink or two once a month if not less, slightly overweight by probably 20-25lbs.

Any ways, I do not like this rhem dr and am going to family dr to get him to get me a new specalist but I am thinking after I have read a few things on here that maybe I do not need a rheumatoligist and instead might want to tell the dr we should aim more at looking at my liver again?

This is very frustrating as the blood tests clearly indicate something is off but there is no diagnosis. Rheum dr keeps telling me I probably have inflammatory arthrisitis or early stage rheumatoid............but nothing conclusive.

Thank you for any help or insight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread