It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
(female)

MayBJustHypo HB User
Unhappy At home urine test- pos 4 bilirubin

A few months ago I got a terrible bladder infection that has made me more aware of the importance of being and feeling healthy. I ordered some at home uti urine test kits and I ordered some liver health test strips.

I got the liver test strips because 11 yrs ago I had took a huge acetaminophen overdose(not suicide) and had to go to the hospital and drink some yucky stuff every few hours because something in my liver levels was high. Sorry I can't give better details but I was so sick and vomiting I don't remember much of what they were talking about.

That overdose has always been in the back of mind and here recently because of my greater health awareness I have been very worried about my liver.

I took the test twice this morning and my urine is positive for bilirubin both times. The only supplement I take is D-mannose. I have started weight training and have increased my protein take significantly, I have been doing this for a month and a half, not sure if they may have any effect on the test.

Any thoughts or comments? Does this mean I'm permanently damaged? Can this be fixed? What would you do?

Last edited by MayBJustHypo; 06-15-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread