It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

jjones3932 HB User
Question Ast/alt

I just recently had my routine blood work for taking Lipitor. However my AST is 59 and my ALT is 87. Last year they were AST 27 and ALT 64. I am scarred to death! I was and am taking Lipitor and was drinking 2 glasses of wine every evening and maybe 2 glasses more on weekends. I am supossed to go back in 3months for a re-check. Are these numbers as bad as they look? In addition my HDL is up but I did not receive those numbers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User
Re: Ast/alt

JJones...I have higher numbers than you and I was scared at first, but trying to stay calm. Originally my blood test was to check my Cholesterol, but my doctor noted that my liver enzymes were high. Ast 154 and Alt 74. Trying too cut back on the alcohol and will get re-tested in the fall when my young kids are back in school. Before the test I was told to fast...so I had my evening wine and then went too bed...woke up and went in for my blood draw. That may have made my numbers elevated. I have done research and learned that enzyme levels are higher in the morning..and wine before bed probably didn't help. Keep me posted and hang in there! I am sure your fine!

The Following User Says Thank You to mommaoftwinsplus1 For This Useful Post:
jjones3932 (07-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread