It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

veryconfused12 HB User
Chronic pancreatitis?

This is probably going to be long, so I apologize in advance. I'm just looking for some kind of answers. ANY answers will be appreciated!
I started having pain on my right side, under ribs and back, in May '11. I had been drinking 3-5 glasses of wine a night for about 3 years. I went to dr and they did blood work and ultrasound, which were all fine. The pain continued. It was more of a dull ache, awareness kind of pain. It wasn't debilitating, but I always knew it was there. I have been being treated for GERD since Aug '10 and I had a flare up in Oct '11. I went to the dr and they did a biopsy on some tonsil tissue that had grown back. That night, I woke up with pain. Mostly in the center of my abdomen. I went to the dr. and they did another round of blood work and ultrasound and all was okay. In November, I went back in for another ultrasound and it was okay. I continued to have the pain and went to the gastroenterologist in Dec '11. He did an upper endoscopy and said that I had gastritis. I had blood work done in January and February, which was perfect. I had a HIDA scan, which was normal. In March, I started feeling better. Maybe it was because I had quit drinking wine in January. I don't know, but I did feel better. I still hurt, but it seemed like the pain was better. I went to the gastro for my scheduled appt and told him I thought I was better. He told me to just keep doing what I had been doing. It was about this time that I noticed there was an oily film in my bm. I really didn't think anything about it, but it continued. I went to the gastro last month and told him about the greasy stools, he ordered more blood work and a fecal fat test. The blood work was fine, except my BUN was 20. However, the fecal fat test showed fat in stool. He ordered a CT which was normal. So, he isn't too concerned.I am continuing to have greasy stools. I have lost a little weight- 10 pounds. However, that fluctuates anyway- I had a gastric sleeve in Feb '10. My back still hurts and I feel like I have something caught in my throat (GERD flaring up, I guess). I am so scared because I think I have Chronic pancreatitis and I read that malabsorption is in the late stages. Has anyone have any experiences like mine???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
(female)

veryconfused12 HB User
Re: Chronic pancreatitis?

I just want to add that in October, my tongue started tingling... weird, I know.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Chronic pancreatitis?

I would check your blood work and see if the Drs checked you for pancreatitis. That requires measuring an amylase and/or lipase level in the blood. It is possible that wasn't even done, as those are not part of the routine group of tests. If you have pancreatitis, those levels will be elevated. You may be worrying about something you don't have, but I would verify that you have been checked for it.

Reply Reply