It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

Mcclearymacs HB User
What's going on?

Ok, had my second amalayse and lipase test this week and came back good. Still having discomfort in mid andoman, yellow stools at ted, itching all over body, and sometimes diarrhea, oh and twitching muscles throughout body. Recently had abdominal ultrasound and all good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: What's going on?

What other tests have you had? I'm uncertain what your question is, but a little more history would help and also what your Dr thinks thus far. Any other blood test results would be helpful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
(female)

Mcclearymacs HB User

Hi Ladybug, I have recently over the past few months had abdominal ultrasound, CBC, pancreas and liver enzymes twice now, Ana, MRI of brain and spine, endoscopy, colonoscopy a yr ago and also two CT's of abdoman a yr ago. I also had thyroid checked. Have always been hypothyroid and on 150mcg and was under active all of a sudden and dr increased meds to 175 mcg and found out it was too much so had to decrease it again ro 150. I will have levels taken again on Monday and won't get results until later next week. My concern is the abdominal and rib pain and also stools. All of my tests have come back good. Nothing found on ultrasound and all blood work was normal. Dr doesn't want to do another abdominal CT because I had two done last yr. I've been told that the ultrasound or blood work would have thrown a red flag if it were my liver or pancreas. Can't eat greasy food anore or I feel really sick. Any suggestions as far as tests? I go back to GP next Friday and gastro at end of month. Oh forgot to mention the weight loss all of a sudden and feel like I'm losing muscle mass. Everyone says it could be due to thyroid. Thanks for responding.Also have itching but no jaundice.

Last edited by Mcclearymacs; 08-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Your symptoms sound like classic gall bladder problems. Sometimes gall bladder stones don't show up. An old test called a cholecystogram could be done or a HIDA scan. It sounds like your bile is blocked, causing the light stools. I would make sure a bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase has been done on blood, as those will show bile blockage. Itching can be from jaundice-are your eyes and skin yellow? Any liver enzyme elevation? The weight loss could be from your thyroid being too high. Muscle twitches-see if calcium level was checked and kidney function. I hope you get some answers with your next app't.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
(female)

Mcclearymacs HB User

I had gall bladder out 15 yrs ago. My dr has no idea what to do next or what to even think because all of the testing they have done. Eyes and skin are not yellow. Is the tests your referring to the enzymes for liver and pancreas? I've had that done twice recently.

Last edited by Mcclearymacs; 08-10-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

One can have a stone lodged in the hepatic or common bile duct even after gall bladder
removal. Light stools indicate bile is not getting into the duodenum, where the bile duct empties. Fatty food intolerance and RUQ pain fit this picture. I would ask for a HIDA scan, and ask to check bilirubin in urine. Are serum bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase normal? They would be in with your liver function tests.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
(male)

quartzan HB User

Hi Mcclearymacs, I have been experiencing the exact same symptoms you have been describing like the difficulty swallowing first then the acid reflux and also the stool changes and itching without jaundice. I am only 28 and my doctor is convinced that it is IBS but I have been fearful that it is something much worse(which tends to make the symptoms worse). Please let me know if you find anything out.

Reply Reply