It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

bmwprincess HB User
Confused and Scared

Our son is 22 and for about the past 12 months he has not been feeling well. After many Dr. appts and potential diagnosis of Kidney Stones, Fatigue, Knee Problems, he still didn't feel 100%. A few weeks ago he went back to the Dr. and said, I still don't feel good something is not right with me, we need to get to the bottom of this. Blood tests were ordered, received the results yesterday with him having high a high ALT of 95 and high AST of 162! What does this mean? His doctor said he does not feel he has hepatitis based on his symptoms and he has absolutely no idea what is wrong with him. Doing some research myself it could be one of many things but the most common is Alcoholic Hepatitis? Can that be true if the Dr. ruled out hepatitis? Like any college student, he does drink, but not often - a couple beers a week, no more than 4 or 5. Yes, he goes to parties and ties one on and not weekly, but far from an alcoholic. For his knee problems, they prescribed him Naproxen for a few months. Had oral sugery about 15 months ago and prescribed Vicodin for two weeks with no refills. Other than these Liver issues that I have found on the internet what else could cause the high ALT & AST? I am terrified for him and its tearing me up seeing him in a not knowing stage. He went back for further blood work today, what type of tests are ran with these types of levels and what will they determine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply