It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
(male)

gynks HB User
Yellowing of eyes

Hello all, I have noticed some yellowing of my eyes that started about a year ago. My question is that if this was jaundice due to liver disease would I have more issues going on by now since its been a yearand my eyes look about the same as thye did lasy year. The whole eyes are not yellow but it seems on the sides of the eyeballs thye are. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Yellowing of eyes

Sometimes it does progress very slowly. Or, it could be your eyes just look a little bit yellow in some light and you're perfectly healthy.

Go to a doctor and get blood tests for liver function, and for hepatitis. Then you'll know for sure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Have them check your amylase and lipase, pancreatic enzymes as well as liver tests.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
(male)

gynks HB User

So if it was liver related jaundice wouldnt my skin by yellow as well by now?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

It depends what's wrong and how serious it is. It might be a liver problem that just hasn't progressed far yet. Or maybe not. But really, get the blood work. If there is a problem, wouldn't you rather address it now, when it's relatively early, as opposed to waiting until you're really sick?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Are you on Cymbalta by any chance? That can cause yellowing of the eyes as a side effect.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
(male)

Hypochondriacyy HB User

I have that too, in the corners and under the eye lids etc. I read somewhere that too much sun exposure can cause this. I also have health anxiety and focus ALOT on my liver. I think we people with HA tend to see things that aren't there, for example, when my eyes are just slightly bloodshot those little tine red capillaries can appear yellow, especially if your looking for yellow. I have this all my life and bilirubin is always normal. The highest it's ever been was 1.3 which the doc said is close enough.
Do you still have those veins on your abdomen? That's another area that can appear "veiny" if we look hard enough, because we do have veins there.

All your anxiety can be relieved by a simple blood test

Reply Reply