It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
(male)

itchyscratchy HB User
Unhappy itching on each side of my hips

A week ago I started itching on each side of my hips. Then my stomach and groin. I began looking at everything in my life and noticed a few things that I couldn't ignore.
I was also peeing at night several times. My entire body was aching with muscle pain unlike anything I had ever experienced. I kept injuring myself out of nowhere and pulled both hamstrings. Joint pain in both hands.
I have no insurance but it is time I go and find some straight away because I am afraid i have something seriously wrong.
I was thinking it was because I changed my diet to vego and maybe I was deficient in some way but this is a serious problem and has seriously affected my quality of life.
I started using a new washing liquid and quickly changed it and just had all cloths / sheets cleaned at dry cleaner in the hopes it was help.
The itching is manic and once it starts, it is like having a crack habit............ I can't stop until there is blood and it is unbelievable.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Is anything I have said sparked any thoughts out there?
I would really like this to stop.
HELP !!! !!! !!!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
(male)

oiegardener HB User
Re: Uncontrollable sudden itching 24/7 & RUQ pain...MISERABLE & waiting

Hello itchy, and I know it's no fun. This type of itching plaqued me for several weeks. Nothing helped including anti itch lotions and shots. After a couple of weeks (I would guess) jaundice showed up. The first symptom before the itching was light colored floating stools. Three doctors couldn't diagnose so I went to the ER. They promptly did a CT Scan. The bile duct at the intersection of pancreas and liver was blocked. A stent was installed relieving the blockage and the jaundice and itching went away within a day or two. Ultimately I was diagnosed with stage 3 Pancreatic Cancer. Bummer. Currently undergoing chemo. I hope something else is causing your itching. Be well!

Last edited by oiegardener; 06-18-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Changed wording.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
(male)

itchyscratchy HB User
Re: Uncontrollable sudden itching 24/7 & RUQ pain...MISERABLE & waiting

Ok so your story is horrible and I'm really sorry to hear.
So now I need to go out and get health insurance and then hope for the very best.
Believe it or not, I used iodine and focused on meditation to take my mind off the issue.
I need to go get blood work and maybe a scan as well.
Seems like I have been feeling much better but I would like to know if there is an underlying issue that I need to be taking care of.
I hope you get through everything.
I just saw two documentaries about cancer and changed my diet because of what I learned.
I wish you he best

Closed Thread