It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
(female)

Izzabella256 HB User
Unhappy Hyponatremia (Low Sodium) & High GGT/ALT

Hi All,

Firstly apologises for the repeat post from the Kidney Board but as my symptoms are concerning the liver and the kidneys I thought I should put this in both.

I just wonder if anyone could help me,

In April this year so 5 months ago I went to my doctor due to low mood and stress. The doctor did a routine blood test due to me not eating a lot at the time (mainly due to the stress) but just to rule out any stomach problems. The results came back with an abnormally high ALT/GGT on my liver test and Low Sodium. I had a repeat blood test, which showed the GGT had risen from 120 to 240 and the sodium was still low (not sure of the exact number). The doctor booked me in for an abdomen ultrasound (liver mainly but they also looked at my kidneys, pancreas, spleen, etc)
I am getting the results of the Scan next Tues (9th Oct) but they also want to test my urine for Urine Osmolality and Urine Sodium and they want me to do another blood test with a range of extra things on especially regarding the function of my liver and kidneys.

Symptoms wise I feel fine in myself although I have felt quite tired the last few months but have put that down to late nights/not working (although people have commented on why I should be so tired at 26!)
For the last 2 years I have had intermittent pain in my calves mainly when walking (at a normal pace) Someone told me it was due to lack of salts so I tried drinking more water as I know I dont drink enough, it did get better for a while but I seem to have bouts intermittenly of a few weeks/months of it being really bad, and then it gets a bit better and then gets bad again. I do drink a lot of caffeine of 2-3 strong cups a day which I know doesn't help)

I have also noticed for the last two years that my ankles sometimes swell especially after doing a lot of walking/being on my feet for quite a while, I thought this maybe due to my job (I did a job where I was on my feet 12 hours a day) but my ankle swelling still happens even now.

Alcohol wise I dont drink a lot, I dont go out drinking very often and I sometimes go for weeks without drinking at home but if I do drink at home then it's maybe 3-4 units in a week.

I am 26 like I previously mentioned and I am slightly overweight for my height at being 5"1 and 14 stone.

Has anyone got any ideas what this could be ?

Any help would be really appreciated

Izzabella256

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
advice, help asap, kidney, liver, sodium