It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
(female)

Angel Heart HB User
Feeling of fullness on the side of the bottom right rib down to the hip bone

Hi, I wonder if anybody is experiencing the symptoms that I have been experiencing for the past 2 months. When I wake up in the morning I feel absolutely great. However the fullness under my right side of the rib starts materializing soon after and it radiates to my back under my shoulder blade. It is constant and the only thing that helps is if I lie down on my side. I also have a piercing left hip pain and lower back pain. I have been seeing a chiropractor for the last month and he keeps telling me that my back and neck keep going out of place. I had blood works done which showed that my triglycerides are high. I have also had 2 abdominal scans done. The first one showed that I had a fatty enlarged liver and an enlarged spleen. The second scan that was done 3 weeks later showed that my liver was normal but my spleen was enlarges, even though it did shrink by 1cm. (Could be because I am on a low carb and fat diet and have lost 9kg) I am going for an gastroscopy and colonoscopy on the 5th of October. I have just requested to have a copy of my blood works sent to me from my doctor as I am reading on Google (which I know I shouldn’t, but unfortunately only human) that fullness under ribs, enlarged spleen and hip pain could be blood related. Anybody out there with same symptoms???

Old 09-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Feeling of fullness on the side of the bottom right rib down to the hip bone

Your symptoms of fullness, and pain radiating to under your scapula sounds more like gall bladder pain. Have you had a gall bladder ultrasound? Fatty liver is common, but doesn't usually cause symptoms. Enlarged spleen occurs in many conditions. Have you had a history of any rheumatologic conditons such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, hemolytic anemia? Mono and hepatitis can also cause enlarged liver and spleen, both viral infections. That is diagnosed by blood tests. The low back pain and piercing hip pain could be a bulging disc and sciatica. These are all just possibilities given the little bit of info. Are you diabetic? That causes fatty liver and high triglycerides. Sounds like you need a good work-up, as there are many things to rule out, and the back/hip pain may be unrelated to the abdominal problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
(female)

Angel Heart HB User
Re: Feeling of fullness on the side of the bottom right rib down to the hip bone

Dear Ladybug,

Thank you for your input! I have just come back from my chiropractor who advised me that he thinks that i do have a problem with my gall bladder because of the fullness under my rib that radiates to my back and under my shoulder blade and also because i feel nauseous if i eat anything that is fatty or heavy. He also advised that the scan sometimes does not pick up gall bladder problems. I have had 2 scans done and both reported a normal gall bladder. I have had all blood work done and I am not anemic the only abnormality was high triglyceride levels. My chiropractor suggested that i see a homeopath regarding this. However he also advised that my hip and lower back pains are caused by my pelvis that continuously locks due to bad posture. I just really hope that i will sort myself out now, there is nothing worse then not knowing what's wrong.

One again thank you so much and God bless!

Reply Reply