It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

hetupsuzi HB User
Unhappy growth found on liver on ultrasound

Hi everyone-im a newbie and have posted earlier but not a clue where my post has gone to!
I have been seeing a a cardiologist as i had a single bout of excrutiating chest pain followed by general aches and pains and discomfort.Amongst the various tests ,the doc sent me for an abdominal ultrasound.After having it the consultant told me i would need an MRI as my liver was enlarged and there was a growth which was hard to see properly as my liver is a little fatty(am about 1 stone overweight).the doctor was very insistent i dont panic as he said the most likely outcome is likely to be a benign lump.i was fine for a couple of days but am now panicking.I have noticed a lot of your lumps seem to be related to oral contraceptives.however i am 47 and havent used them for about 12years.incidentally i also had a bout of anaemia which i was mystified about as i eat a lot of red meat and dont have heavy periods-this is now ok with ferrous sulphate.i also have high blood pressure after having low blood pressure all my life-do you feel this could be related.looking back i have felt bloaty and uncomfortable for a while but always puthifts. it down to s

Reply Reply