It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
(female)

gray skies HB User
How long does it take to die

My mum has recently been sick and had a 10 cm tumor removed from her intestines. A month later she was given the all clear meaning no cancer. Monday she was admitted to hospital, 70 pounds, loss of bowel control and has just found out that she has cancerous tumors in her stomach, liver and chest wall. She also has a severe infection in her abdomen. She has stopped eating and only has iv and antibiotics but we are waiting for her to pass. The doctor says maybe days, or a week. I would like to know if there is anything we can do to make her comfortable but not prolong this, my heart is breaking and sitting in a chair waiting for her to die is excrutiating. She is conscious and terrified to be left alone.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: gray skies
bbroke (10-12-2012), Blackhawkbrat (10-14-2012), Starlings nest (11-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
(female)

gray skies HB User
Re: How long does it take to die

My mum passed away yesterday morning. I was at the hospital for 28 hours and i left to go home and sleep at 7:40 am. She died in the company of my dad and sister at 8:30. Very fast, but thankfully so. Traumatic and sad ending to her life. Now my family has to digest it all and try to comprehend what has just happened in the last 5 days.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: gray skies
gmak (10-19-2012), shersita (10-15-2012), Starlings nest (11-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
(female)

Jacy56 HB UserJacy56 HB User

My sincere condolences on the loss of your mother. My Mom passed away 3 years ago. I did not make it to the hospital in time and felt bad about it but have finally come to terms with it.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
(female)

shersita HB User

I'm so sorry for your lost Gray Skies. My mother passed from leukemia in the year 2000, like your mom she did suffer on her last days and was conscious too, even if she couldn't talk, or almost move or do anything. I still miss her even if so many years had passed, but in the other hand I'm glad she's no longer suffering any pain, because she was in a lot of pain on her last days and I know she was feeling very bad because of her aspect.

I wish you all the best, your mom is no longer in pain.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray skies View Post
My mum passed away yesterday morning. I was at the hospital for 28 hours and i left to go home and sleep at 7:40 am. She died in the company of my dad and sister at 8:30. Very fast, but thankfully so. Traumatic and sad ending to her life. Now my family has to digest it all and try to comprehend what has just happened in the last 5 days.
I am so sorry for the loss of your mum! My dad died unexpectantly in 5 minutes on Dec 26 morn. A few things God has taught me. Were you her last baby? Mothers love is the closest thing there is to Gods love here on earth.She was thinking of you when she passed, just like she did since the day you were born. I am so convinced that she can see you right now because you were her joy & the desire of her heart was to watch over you. God is love, there is no meanness in him. SO, i think what John described as the crystal sea is a window that God & people in heaven can see us thru. It hurts really bad for a year & then while you still love her you realize that she is in a place very much alive with no pain or tears. Take good care of each other in your family. This way you all honor her wishes. Get in touch with me as many times as you want. I will help you anyway i can. God bless you, gray skies!

Closed Thread