It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

thuck HB User
Bile duct brushings abnormal???

What does this really mean? Am scheduled next week for EUS. Had narrowing of common bile duct according to MRCP and then had ERCP where they did the brushings for cytology, the duct had opened so no stent was placed. Is it serious?

Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
(female)

georgie1223 HB User
Re: Bile duct brushings abnormal???

Hi thuck

I hope you have had some answers by now. I came across your post and was compelled to respond. I went through the same situation a few yrs ago. Very scarey situation.
I had many tests, several of each over 3-4 year period.

the stress led to a break down. I stopped going. I'm not saying at all you should do this
I was just given so many scenerio's and told twice that rushings were not normal, however
after more ercp's, NO definite C was found. I was hospitalized with horrible panc. after last ercp. So I became so very sick physical and mentally. The experience killed
something inside of me.

Please find the best biliary system Dr. you can. Many,(most) DO NOT really know, they may have compassion or be qualified in other area's.

If your up to it, please post on your situation today. Or if you would like I'd be happy to
be their for you, in cyberspace.

all the best,
georgie430

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply