It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
(male)

ahmedaalwakeel HB User
Question i need an expert liver surgeon

i am from Egypt , i have multiple giant liver hemangioma , the largest one is about 19 cm .
all physicians here in Egypt advised me to have a surgery as soon as possible ,but i am afraid from it ,
i want to do it at abroad in good reputation expertise center in USA or Europe
please if anyone has a recommendations do not hesitate to reply
thanks for you all

Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: i need an expert liver surgeon

I would highly recommend the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota as a possible place to come in US. You might also need to be tested for Von Hippel Lindau syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that causes multiple hemangiomas throughout the body, some without symptoms. The surgery is necessary with a hemangioma that large. If you don't get it removed, you could have severe or fatal bleeding if you had trauma from an accident for example. There are many good surgery centers in US, and a combination of liver and vascular surgeon on your case would be most helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
ahmedaalwakeel (11-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
(male)

ahmedaalwakeel HB User

thank alot for your help , but could i ask you about that good surgery centers , i need more details to contact them

Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Are you currently in Egypt or elsewhere? The easiest way to get info is on the internet. The Mayo clinic is world renowned for their excellent physicians and care, including surgeries on rare, complex or difficult cases. If you are able to travel, the clinic helps you get all the arrangements made for you and family. There are many hotels within walking distance. From the time you contact them to when you arrive is usually 3-5 weeks. They help patients with travel arrangements, hotel arrangements, and gather and evaluate all your medical records, tests, and consult with each other about the plan for your care (subject to your approval of course). I hope this helps.

Reply Reply

Tags
hemangiomas, liver, surgeon