It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

brookevale HB Userbrookevale HB User
Exhaustion, Fatigue, Brain Fog After Eating

I was recently diagnosed with Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD), which I have suffered from for the past 14 years. For 13 years I only suffered from the signature SOD right upper quadrant pain. A year ago, things took a turn for the worst. I couldn't eat, had severe around-the-clock nausea, some vomiting, loss of appetite, and abdominal pain spread beyond the usual SOD ruq pain (later determined to be pancreatic pain). It got so bad I was so malnourished I was fainting and dizzy all the time and was down to 93 pounds (I am 5'4" and usually 130 pounds). Eventually, I had to be tube fed through my small intestine to bypass the duodenum. Anyhow, long story short, I just had major surgery 5 weeks ago--a laparatomy, transduodenal sphincteroplasty, and dilation of my pylorus. All along, for the past year, I have gotten very exhausted and fatigued after I eat--no more what I eat--but mainly complex carbs, proteins, and fats. I think the surgery has helped, but I still get so exhausted when I eat. I take Creon which eliminates my pancreatic pain (though all my tests show a healthy normal functioning pancreas). I am just wondering if because my SOD went undiagnosed and untreated for so long that my pancreas and liver are exhausted? My liver looks ok on scans except for a few small cysts and slight cirrhosis--nothing that concerned my doctor. Any advice on how to get my pancreas and liver back in shape and eliminate this awful fatigue? Will I ever be able to eat w/o fatigue???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply