It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

shanelme72 HB User
Unhappy I need help

Hello everyone, I am new to this & will try to give you all my brief rundown hoping someone can give me some insight. I have been sick for a few years now, RUQ pain , nausea & vomiting, diarrhea, and severe itching. My liver enzymes have been slighty elevated since at least 2008 . finally got insurance & went to Dr. in 2010, he thought it sounded like my gallbladder & sent me to have a hida scan, came back that my gallbladder was bad so went to see surgeon and had it out in 10/2010 - did not relieve any of my symptoms at all, the only thing it did do is make me have to go to the bathroom really quickly after I eat. I started seeing a gastro dr. last year had colonoscopy and upper Gi with biiopsys and all came out clear. She tried me on a few meds that didnt work (dont remember the names) Liver enzymes (alkaline phosphatase) stays slightly elevated, going up each year since 2008, have had ct scans and ultrasounds but they are not picking up on anything!! They keep telling me it could be scar tissue from my gallbladder surgery but I had this pain for at least a year before my surgery & the pain has just gotten worse over time. It is to the point now where I feel it all the time some days it is more tolerable than others, then they say well typically the liver doesnt cause pain. I just recently found a lump on my right side, right in the area where all my pain is and all the dr. said was hhmmm, like its a mystery to her. I had to demand another ct scan to see if they can find anything this time but have to wait on my bloodwork to come back for my liver & kidneys. I'm sorry for the long post but I am at my wits end with these dr's. Please help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
(female)

abouttwodays HB User
Re: I need help

What blood tests are they currently running? Both my GP and my GI doc have told me that the pain I am feeling is from my liver. My GI doc explained that the liver is basically surrounded by a capsule with tons of nerve endings. In my case, my liver is enlarged and that is causing the capsule to stretch, therefore causing me pain. So I guess it's not the liver itself causing pain, but there are nerve endings around the liver that can cause the pain. Maybe your doctor is just being very literal about it all but from what I know, it is very common for liver issues to cause pain.

Reply Reply