It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
(male)

alcoholico HB User
Question Normal LFt Normal Ultrasound still concerned+have symptoms

Hi All! Decided to post on this site..

Im male,21 y,with weekend based heavy drinking history of aprox. 6 years.
with amounts consumed about 15-30 per week(end - usually none on weekdays)
I became concerned last summer after a weeks drinking perioid because of continous weeks lasting dullness after stopping the taking (trouble concentrating,using credit cards,coins,even slight difficulty finding right words, writing on computer) took the tests 4 days after stopped drinking,all ok. and then some weeks after again. all came back ok,asked doctor for ultrasound at this time whitch came back normal.

Still i have a bit blochy/red palms (though dr said its nothing?) and ache in right and left upper abdoment besides months lasting absidence of alcohol. i iven have slight/starting gynekomastia (more of somekind mass under my nipples) so is it pretty sure i have broken atleast something,liver profably despite the test/us being normal?

sorry to bother,english is not my native languace, in hope,ill be waiting for your answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
(male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User
Re: Normal LFt Normal Ultrasound still concerned+have symptoms

Hello alcoholico and welcome!

I'm not a doctor, but I am a former drinker... 34 years of beers before I got into trouble.

Most experts say permanent fibrosis/cirrhosis is quite rare in those who have been drinking less than 10 years without other factors contributing to disease like hepatitis virus, diabetes, over use of pain meds or prescription drugs, or toxic exposures at work.

The brain fog and mental issues you speak of may be due to "Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome" or PAWS. I know when I quit drinking, my brain didn't work right for about 3 months. I thought I must have done some kind of permanent damage myself. I'm doing fine now.

The liver (and brain) can take quite a beating when your young and still bounce back. It may take a couple more months though. I'd be very surprised to hear you had crossed a point of no return regarding recovery at your young age, with normal labs and ultrasound.

I had the dense tissue under my nipples... Took about 6 months to resolve. The redness in my palms faded, but the "ghost" of the red areas is still with me over a year away from alcohol. That "ache" under the right ribs hung on for quite a while too... I still think I feel it now and again, though If it hadn't been worse before, I don't think I'd notice it now. It's almost like a phantom pain. This could be fatty liver which most all drinkers get, and many non-drinkers have too.

Hang in there, eat right, and get lots of rest. This too shall pass! The hard part when you are young is not relapsing back into drinking again. If you can stay clean I'll bet this will all be well behind you in a few more months.

Best of luck to you, and Stay Healthy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillinSD For This Useful Post:
alcoholico (12-03-2012), Hypochondriacyy (12-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
(male)

alcoholico HB User

Yep,really dont know what are the chances,still feeling really strange,cant understand people sometimes,and also smell like rotten eggs or something,really hard - kind of,just found an angel of paraidise in my life,and now im gonna f* die..

iis it the liver?pancreatis? or somekind of cancer? - choose from that--

but really,its kind of what I ordered,as a kid I took medicines with alcohol few times.

Been drinking,smoking weed etc..

So devastated,i dont even feel it anymore

Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
(male)

alcoholico HB User

<deleted same 2 times>

Last edited by alcoholico; 12-03-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
(male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User

Don't despair alcoholico... YES! That change in body odor! I had it too!

I searched all over the internet for information on body odor during detox but never found much on it. What I eventually figured was that alcohol blunts your sense of smell, and when you start smelling things again, they sometimes smell strong and strange.

I remember going into the lunch room at work and thinking someone had gotten sick in there or something the smell was so strong. Turns out it was just the normal cooking odors coming out of the microwaves. Couldn't believe it.

I finally found a couple of other posts about a change in body odor during detox... It's real all right... But it does end!

Hang in there and keep the faith. With the new year, you should start seeing a NEW YOU! I drank for over 30 years, and also knew the weed for many years too. I was amazed at how long it took to get normal again after detoxing. 3 bad months, and then 3 more before I was out of the woods.

You'll be on the down hill slope of detox sooner than you think. I'll bet 2013 is going to be a great year for you.

Last edited by BillinSD; 12-03-2012 at 08:38 PM. Reason: addition

Old 12-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
(male)

alcoholico HB User

Here again reporting of my situation.

It seems no change for better.
Both sides of my upper abdommen still hurt and now also my titties.
Feel ***. Really didnt know my drinking habits would set me to this hard situation at this age. Thinking of calling a doc after the holidays.
Merry cristmas and happy new year....

Reply Reply