It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

brookevale HB Userbrookevale HB User
Elevated B12 and Other Symptoms Post-Sphincteroplasty

Hi,

I was diagnosed with sphincter of oddi dysfunction and ended up having a transduodenal sphincteroplasty three months ago. Prior to the surgery I unintentionally lost 40 lbs (from 135 lbs to 95 lbs), was tube fed, had chronic nausea, pancreatic pain, and severe fatigue and brain fog after eating. My pancreatic symptoms have improved greatly since the operation--no pancreatic pain, have to take less pancreatic enzymes and I'm finally maintaining some weight. The nausea has subsided thanks mostly to Domperidone. About two weeks ago I started having severe foot pain, which I also have in my limbs occasionally. I have already been thoroughly checked for diabetes and don't have that. I also have orange colored stool with dark brown streaks (as though some of it has bile and some doesn't). I still have the brain fog and fatigue following eating and have developed intense pain in my upper right quadrant radiating to my back (same pain I had post-cholecystectomy for years, but for some reason subsided when I became very ill this past year). I recently had bloodwork done and my b12 level was elevated. I understand this could be related to my liver, although my liver enzymes are normal. I'd like any info/feedback. I am getting an MRI tomorrow. I am wondering if my body is still adjusting to the sphincters being open all the time now. However, I am very worried that I have something structurally or organically wrong with my bile duct and/or liver.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply