It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
(male)

longino HB User
maybe liver disorder

I am new to the cite. this is my first post.
to begin with, i am not sure if i am posting in the right thread
I am a diabetic. i take metaformin 1000 mg twice a day. I take insulin(Detemir),. I inject 15 units once a day. I inject it at times twice a day , according to how i feel. I really am suppose to inject twice a day.
On october 29 and 30 i move to a new home. I packed and lifted heavy objects for two days straight. I was sore and could bearly walk for 4 or 5 days.
about Noverber 5, I injected on left lower side of stomach. i am right handed. the Injection hurt. I didn't do it quite right. next day i had purpulish and reddish area. About 3 days later while looking in the mirror i noticed an elogated swollen area on my left side right below the ribs. I bothers me but it dosen't hurt. i have burning sensation below it and to the front area. the same burning sensation around navel area. it also includes sharp pin like stinging senseations in same area. But i get those sharp pin stinging sensations at times in my leg area due to the diabetes.
I been to about 3 doctors. first i went to urgent care doctor. he did not get x-ray or blood test. he looked at it only and diagnosed a hematoa from injection.
I wasn't satisfied went to a Gastroenterologist. he did x-rays. i had to take barium and was given a shot of something at the x-rays. I was also given blood and urine test. I was given a colonoscopy. the results according to the doctor was nothing bad showing. I still have the swollen area.
I next went to a second opinon from another gastroenterologist. he got records of x-rays and test from first doctor. he checked out the area that was swollen. then check for hernia. he said it was proberly not a hernia. he told me it was not colen problem. he sent me to get a sonagram. i wont know results until January 28, 2013 . My left lower back area near the spine also bothers me. i feel an uncomfortable like pressure.
Meanwhile i had another appointment with my primary care doctor.
He told me the same thing it was not colon or intestine. he also sent me for various blood test. He said my records show i had a liver problem in past.
he said it could be that. or a tore muscle.
i am apprhensive because i have never had a doctor have such hard time diagnosing my problem before.
My question is could an organ like liver or pancrease cause a swollen elongated area below my left rib ? cause pin like stings and burning sensations? I am thinking for a lack of enough insulin in body.
I know there are not doctors out there. I do know from reading this site there are very knowlegable people on this site. I you happen to have an opinion than can help me i would sure appriciate it. Thanks all Longin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply