It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
(male)

Liquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB UserLiquidplasma HB User
How bad are these liver readings?

My ALT on range 3-41 mine is 55 and GGT 8-61 mine is 64 ? I have total colesterol 5.37 slightly high and LDL 1-2.59 mine is 3.23 ? Doc says no worries but I forced him to do more liver tests and echo scan Monday coming.Am I blowing things out of proportion?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
(male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User
Re: How bad are these liver readings?

Mildly elevated liver enzymes in a single/isolated blood lab generally aren't cause for alarm, but a rising trend, or persistent elevations are something one would want to work on... An ultrasound and further diagnostics certainly isn't a bad idea and can give peace of mind while you wait for your next checkup and see if this is a chronic problem or not.

A survey of possible liver toxins in your environment might be something to look at... Solvent exposures at work, or dry cleaning fluid off-gassing from clothes hanging in your bedroom closet might be a place to start. Alcohol (of course!) can also elevate enzymes!

A re-test of enzymes in 90 days or 6 months is indicated to see if this is an event of short duration, or a chronic problem. Hope you're back in the green zone next time labs are drawn.

Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply