It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
(male)

Hypochondriacyy HB User
To BillinSD Re: FOS

Hi Bill;
I just wanted to let you know that I added the FOS to my diet as you said it helped you. I already tale Align probiotics.
Well, I dont know if this is just the power of suggestion but the pain I was getting around the liver region is now completely gone! I have been on the FOS about 6 weeks now. I had that nagging stitch like pain under the right rib cage for the past 2 years. I haven't had a drink in 2 years. But the pain persisted.
The only thing I can think of is that the pain we must be feeling may be from the ascending colon which runs very close to the liver. I cant see how a pre-biotic can help the liver. Unless its just coincidence and it took my liver 2 years to fully recover?
But it does seem the FOS does work! Thought you would like to know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
(male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User
Re: To BillinSD Re: FOS

Great news Hypochondriacyy! I was amazed at the difference a couple grams of FOS a day made for me too.

I got started on pre & probiotics when I read about the effect of endotoxin from gram negative bacteria in the colon activating the immune system in the liver. Portal circulation takes blood from the GI tract/colon and sends it straight to the liver for processing and cleaning. When there is excess endotoxin from gram negative bacteria in the gut flora, combined with leaky gut (or intestinal permeability as the doc's insist it be called), the high endotoxin levels in portal circulation get "kupffer" cells in the liver all up in arms about foreign proteins contained in the endotoxin and the kupffers secrete inflammatory cytokines to harass the perceived infection (that really does not exist).

FOS prebiotic kicks gram negative bacteria down by promoting growth of gram positive bacteria (no endotoxins!) and inflammation in the liver falls off dramatically.

I've been off alcohol for about 2 years too, but still got the funny ache in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen off and on... Mostly in the morning. SAM-e helped, but never really got rid of it. The FOS (fructo-oligosaccharide) prebiotic fixed me right up too.

Glad to hear it wasn't just a fluke in my own experience. How come doctors don't know about this?

Last edited by BillinSD; 02-04-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
fos