It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

Roobear8 HB User
I need so advice

My dad has end stage cirrhosis. He has gotten very sick the past 2 months. I have small children and need an idea of how long I have before I need to prepare them for there grandfathers death. The past 2 weeks have been the worst. His stomach is very distended his feet are very swollen as well. He has been vomiting and passing blood when he can go to the bathroom. His eyes and skin are jaundice. He has had tests done he has polyps in his colon and veins in his neck. His neck is black and blue as well. He has basically given up and very depressed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I may have missed some info so please feel free to ask questions

Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
(male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User
Re: I need so advice

Very sorry you dad seems to have reached the end of the line. It's very difficult to predict the end... Sometimes just when things look really bad, the patient will come around and be stable for a while longer. Other times, things seem stable and all of a sudden the patient will just flicker out.

I had a friend who was a hospice worker, and she said the only reliable sign was when terminal patients stopped eating... Without food, things go downhill quickly in very sick patients.

GodSpeed to you both.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
(female)

Roobear8 HB User
Re: I need so advice

Thank you so much. Any bit of advise helps. Last Summer he lived with us and we created amazing memories. He had quit drinking and seemed on the right track. That's the only reason I let him get so lose. It was my final attempt to help him. And some closure for me because I now know I've done everything to help him and I'm not going to regret my decisions.
He has a poor appetite but that's because he's drinking a lot. He barely eats. I thank u again. I just don't want my three lil ones to suffer they ask for him all the time. I don't know how to make this easy for them

Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
(female)

Roobear8 HB User
Re: I need some advice

Thank you so much. Any bit of advise helps. Last Summer he lived with us and we created amazing memories. He had quit drinking and seemed on the right track. That's the only reason I let him get so lose. It was my final attempt to help him. And some closure for me because I now know I've done everything to help him and I'm not going to regret my decisions.
He has a poor appetite but that's because he's drinking a lot. He barely eats. I thank u again. I just don't want my three lil ones to suffer they ask for him all the time. I don't know how to make this easy for them

Reply Reply

Tags
help asap