It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

adam2000 HB User
AST: 60 / ALT: 124 - Is this seriously high?

I'm a 36 year old male, overweight, on 10mg Crestor daily and take around 2g of Omega 3's Daily. My Total Cholesterol is 154, Triglyc is 154, HDL 39 and LDL is 79 which doesnt seem too bad.

Is that level of AST/ALT cause for alarm? I'd assume fatty liver and crestor might be a culprit.

Should i be scared?

Adam

"An obstacle is just a stepping stone"

Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
(male)

BillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB UserBillinSD HB User
Re: AST: 60 / ALT: 124 - Is this seriously high?

Hi Adam, Doctors usually don't get alarmed at elevated liver enzymes until they are about double the upper limits of normal. As your ALT is around this point, I'd say this is something you need to work on.

No need to panic... They're not alarmingly high, but I wouldn't want to simply leave this as "not so bad" and forget about it for another year. You should be re-tested every 90 days as you work on why this might be going on.

Short term, this is not a problem, but I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life at these levels. Keep working on this until you find the answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

phillykevin HB User
Re: AST: 60 / ALT: 124 - Is this seriously high?

When ALT gets up to the 300-500 range there is reason for concern. At your levels there just may be a simple viral infection passing through your body.

Reply Reply