It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

Erinjo HB User
Asymptomatic 18 mo with chronic elevated lived enzymes

In September of last year, at 12 mo of age, my son had an allergic rxn to PCN for OM. He was put on steroids and 5 days later had a fever of 105 and blood work revealed elevated liver enzymes - in the 900's and 700's. over the past 6 months, his numbers have gone down drastically, but never with WNL. He's neg for all viral hep, mono, Wilson's disease, Alpha 1 anti trypsin, and celiac. US was unremarkable. His ferrous sulfate levels are slightly low (9-10), but other than that, he's a completely healthy kid and all other bloodwork is normal. Due to the length of time his numbers have been elevated (currently they're in the 200's), now at 18 months of age, we're having to do a liver biopsy next week. Just wondering if there were any other suggestions out there for things to consider before the biopsy? Thank you in advance for any input!

Last edited by Erinjo; 04-08-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
elevated liver enzymes, hepatitis question, liver biopsy