It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Confused- need input

Ive had upper left stabbing pains sometimes right on and off for 4.5 yrs. When it started my lipase was doubled. Ever sine when I have an episode of pain is very mildly elevated, no more than 10 pts.

Ive had 2 MRCP, 1 Ct and 5 EUS ( 3 done by one of the best in CA, one with Stanford, one UCSF)- all TOTALLY clear-no damage, dialation etc. Due to this all drs say it has nothing to do with my panc, and state my pain does not present as it would with someone who has CP. Usually its stabbing and in a flare it can stab anywhere to hourly to just 3 times in the day. The pain comes and goes, good months, bad wks etc. I am able to eat fat, though a glass of wine seems to annoy it at times (drs say to live life normally, again say its not the panc)

Recently had a hida scan, showed low ejection at 28 normal 35. However no stones so I dont know it this could effect lipase. Also pain usually on left

However last night pain was on far upper right, its like a deep squeeze.

Could it be my liver?

Im nervous, dad died of pan cancer so diligent about trying to get to the source of this.

Again, all my scans are good aside from hida. The EUS I think is suppose to be the best for viewing the pancreas. MRCP showed nothing wrong with liver-but this right sided pain, since its so far right concerns me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply