It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Liver & Pancreas Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
(male)

eneilson HB User
Slight elevation of bilirubin in urine dipstick. Terrified!

Hi everyone,

Please bear with me here, as I'm not well-versed in any of this stuff. I've been dealing with a ton of nausea, light-headedness, excessive gas and my abdomen has been in knots the past few days; something I originally thought (and still kind of do think) was the "stomach flu." The strange thing, though, is how it's panned out -

Wednesday - Started feeling "wishy-washy" at night, went to sleep.

Thursday - Woke up at 4 am and puked about 4 times. Went back to sleep, woke up feeling crappy for the rest of the day.

Friday - Felt better. Went out, got a cup of coffee, went about my day. Towards the evening, crappy feeling again.

Saturday - Woke up again at 4 am, puked twice. Went to sleep, woke up feeling good enough to go throughout the day.

Sunday - Woke up nauseaus but didn't puke. Still feeling crappy.

So today I went to the walk-in clinic and the nurse practitioner who saw me said the "intermittance" was odd for a stomach bug, but it could be that i didn't give my stomach the chance to rest in between.

Before she left, the dipstick urinalysis results came in and she said I had elevated ketones, urobilinogen and bilirubin. She said that the ketones are expected from being sick, and the bilirubin (mildly elevated) could be as well but she wants me to get blood tests tomorrow morning to be sure.

What concerns me is that up until now, I've drank quite a bit; at least 5 drinks a day for years with very few breaks. I've fortunately been able to reign that in, although now all I can think is that I'm going to die from all of this.

I can't tell you all how terrified i am by all of this, mainly because I'm not well-versed on what any of it can mean. Any good words y'all can provide would be a huge help.

Thanks,
--
Erik

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
(male)

tbake33 HB User
Re: Slight elevation of bilirubin in urine dipstick. Terrified!

Hi Erik. It's hard to accept that we beat up our bodies, but we do! Lets chat after your blood work results come in. There isn't a lot of advice I can offer without knowing your blood work. However, it sounds like you have a stomach problem as opposed to liver. Are your stools normal and painless? Black or bloody?

Reply Reply